Power Inflator retainer loop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do it the way it was showed to me in my DIR-F, which is what I think Jonnythan is trying to describe. doing it this way help prevents the hose from accidentally detaching from the shrader valve, and it also makes the inflator very flexible (you can stretch it high above your head.)
Looking at your kit from the front, from top to bottom -
Inflator LP hose goes under first innertube piece on corrugated hose.
Inflator LP hose only goes through bungee loop.
Inflator LP hose goes under second innertube piece on corrugated hose.
Inflator LP hose attaches to shrader valve.

it would be easier to take a photograph but my kit is not with me here

meh, shrugs, its just an inflator

On my Halcyon Eclipse, the short corrugated hose is very unwieldy when tucked through the loop. By just running the LP hose through the loop, and then connecting it to my inflator, I have a much more manageable solution.

The few other people I've seen using a backplate have it set up the same way. Unfortunately, I don't have much of a basis for comparison, since I don't know and don't dive with any DIR divers, but this is how I was told to do it when I bought it.

Putting only the LP hose through the loop makes a lot of sense to me—like Wijbrandus says, “the short corrugated hose is very unwieldy when tucked through the loop.” Thanks, guys.

Pony Tail holder - tri-glide... whamo.

I put the corrugated hose through the Pony Tail holder (keeps it from flapping around - hold it near the shoulder strap) and the LP hose through the inner tube that is above and below the PT holder - but do not run the LP hose under the PT. That's how our DIR/F did it.

Sounds like the same way Jthan described it.

---
Ken

Mo2vation:

I put the corrugated hose through the Pony Tail holder (keeps it from flapping around - hold it near the shoulder strap) and the LP hose through the inner tube that is above and below the PT holder - but do not run the LP hose under the PT. That's how our DIR/F did it.

Sounds like the same way Jthan described it.

---
Ken
Yeah that's the way I usually do it. Sometimes I'll run the LP hose through the PT as you call it and leave the inflator free the way Art described.

The former is how my class did it, the latter is how some other classes do it. I'll probably do it the second way from now on.

Mo2vation:
[hijack]
Serious question here. Why do they call it a tri-glide? Tri means 3 and I just don't get it. [/hijack]

I just run the lp hose through my loop. Better facilitates lifting the corrugated hose.

Jason

Because it's made of three parallel pieces of metal or plastic, creating two slots.

jonnythan:
Because it's made of three parallel pieces of metal or plastic, creating two slots.
Ah! Thanks Johnnythan, makes since now.

Jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom