Powell River Air Fills?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sintax604

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone know if there is currently a place to get fills in Powell River? A couple months ago I went for a long weekend of camping and diving and was a tad disappointed to find that the self-proclaimed scuba capital of Canada didn't have a dive shop. The shops listed online are no longer in business - pretty sad for dive tourism.

I'm headed over there again for the Thanksgiving weekend and I'd rather not have to bring 10 tanks with me. Is there a compressor somewhere that isn't advertised?

Thanks!

Hmmm, good question! I gather that Alpha Dive and Kayak has closed?

I also would be interested to know if there are any other options for air-fills in the Powell River area.

Yep, Alpha was the first place I went. They're gone.

Unfortunately closed down earlier this year. There is a commercial diver in the area that will fill tanks for locals and others at times but it is more of a drop-off and he will fill when he can kind of thing. There is a group on Facebook called the Powell River Dive club and you can ask on there for info? Other than that the only alternative is Suncoast Diving in Sechelt.

There are lots of people trying to get something going so that divers can get fills and/or to get another shop going there.

We have someone that can take group charters of 4 or 5 people, and since he returns to his home base each night he can get tank fills.

Too bad - lots of great diving in the area!

Back
Top Bottom