Post your last gear purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Used Halcyon SS BP and Harness.

OK, so I DO buy new stuff sometimes, but I'm one of those guys who just loves combing for treasure at flea markets and garage sales. Gloat Alert: local flea market had a Halcyon SS BP and harness including back pad and the full cinch system for $50. All in minty-fresh condition.

Only problem was the previous owner must have been extremely petite: The single piece harness webbing was at least 18" too short for me. A quick trip to NESS got me a nice long piece of new 2" wide webbing ($0.75/foot); I can live without those cute blue "H"s on the OEM webbing :wink:

Fate being cruel, I found this Halcyon only 1 week after buying my first BP/W - a house-brand SS plate and used TransPlate adjustable harness with new Oxycheq wing. Not only did I spend more on the first plate and used harness, I had already threaded all those tri-glides, D-rings, and buckles more than a few times getting the rig adjusted just right. Still, I'll probably move the wing to the Halcyon and keep the other plate and harness for my daughter rig someday.

The sun was shining on Saturday and I found a bit of treasure at a flea market. It was a good day!

The shipping was more than the sliders, hope they do as advertised, at this stage it's an expensive experiment. I'll post back once I receive them.
Please do. Although at 27GBP (ca. 40USD, before shipping) they aren't inexpensive. And unless I'm missing something, they won't be effective if you keep anything on the waist belt part of the harness (pockets, knife, weights, etc.) That is one nice thing about the (expensive) Halcyon "cinch", which includes a clever (IMO) solution to this problem. I wasn't planning to buy a cinch; I just found it attached to a used bp I bought; took me a while to figure out what it was and how to use it, but my gimpy rotator cuff is happy to have it now.

Shipping was £25 sliders £22.95 ex VAT, spendy indeed. You are correct re pocket, knife etc. I have a canister on right side but nothing on my left so will only use on left side. I'll only use on my drysuit rig as I find getting in and out of my harness a bit difficult due to shoulder imobility, shoulder dump valve and dryglove rings. I'm hoping the additional webbing length the slider should provide will make getting in and out of my harness much easier. Time will tell. You can buy a similar/same item from Subgravity in the US they are $20 each and I'm guessing onshore shipping will be low.

https://www.sub-gravity.com/product/subgravity-backplate-harness-slider/

Just purchased today a new Scubapro everflex wetsuit. My current semi dry is too tight around my neck so I needed something a bit lighter plus a suit that would not give me a headache every time I wore it!.

Good price from the shop they discounted it for me to $415.00. that's the 4/5 mm thickness suit.

Just FYI, CoralEdgeAdventures.com has the 2012 ScubaPro EverFlex 5/4 for $180. I got my 3/2 there for $160. Maybe it's too late for you. Maybe the current models are improved. But, I figured I'd post, just in case.

---------- Post added March 25th, 2015 at 10:03 PM ----------

Ps. Their stock in the showroom and the stock in the warehouse for Internet sales are maintained separately, so if you want one but the website shows out of stock, call the store to see if they have what you want on that end of the building. It would still be the same price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom