Post your Boast! (Pics of your catch)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got out for 2 tanks and a little fishing this morning. Dove a ledge south of the inlet and then hit the Riverwalk. Vis was unbelievable. We could clearly see the wreck and fish in 85 fsw from the boat. Nice and warm about 76 on both dives.
First dive I find the dog snapper as soon as I reached the ledge. I haven't shot a fish in 2 weeks so I string him up. Toward the end of the dive I find a gag hiding behind a rock that is smaller than him. I waited for him to stick his head out so I could get a shot and then we made eye contact and he took off. He was swimming away fast and I took a long shot I hit him right in the gut. I could immediately see that it was not a great shot so I just let him swim while I followed as fast as I could to avoid the tear-out. When he finally stopped I grabbed under the gills and imediately put him on the stringer. He was still very green so I sent him up on a lift bag for the guys on the boat to deal with.
Second dive was on the Riverwalk. I have never dove these wrecks with no current. I was really nice to explore the wrecks and surrounding debris. I see a small hog heading off into the sand and he leads me to a couple bigger hogs. I got 2 and my buddy chased down the biggest one in the bunch.
A great day on the water.
The days catch.

fish_resize.jpg

I took some friends from FSU Panama City campus's Underwater CSI program out on the Snapper Slapper . Not pictured is a really nice Flounder and all the ones that got away!:11:

Attachments

• Drop 1 Pat.JPG
    Drop 1 Pat.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 162
  • Tommys first.JPG
    Tommys first.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0005rs.JPG
    IMG_0005rs.JPG
    181.4 KB · Views: 166
Been spearfishing about 1 year now.The last couple of trips out of Fourchon and Venice have been good. Can't wait till summer rodeos start

Attachments

• Nice Gag.jpg
    Nice Gag.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 235
  • Mark and AJ.jpg
    Mark and AJ.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 188
  • Mark and 1st Cobia.jpg
    Mark and 1st Cobia.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 186
  • Mark and Scamp.jpg
    Mark and Scamp.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 149
  • Scamp.jpg
    Scamp.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 198
Thanks guys, I have a good group of guys that I go with.Joined a spearfishing club in April 07 and shot smaller fish to get use to it.This year is going to be different.That grouper was 22# and the AJ was 48#.My first lemon to the boat was 27# the large Scamp went 17#.Those were the biggest I shot so far this year.

Wow what an unbelievable shovelnose, and sooooo sweet in butter.

Here is one we got a couple of years ago hanging on my buddy out of West Palm. The one on the ground was from Feb.

Attachments

• dive palm beach 10 22 2006 001.jpg
    dive palm beach 10 22 2006 001.jpg
    392.9 KB · Views: 307
  • Lobster Fest 001.jpg
    Lobster Fest 001.jpg
    454.8 KB · Views: 248
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom