Post your best diving tips!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drewski, Thalassamania,

Thank you both. I will try this combination on my cruise in November. Costa Maya and Belize are the two places I'll be diving.

Thanks,

Michael

mwhities:
Drewski, Thalassamania,

Thank you both. I will try this combination on my cruise in November. Costa Maya and Belize are the two places I'll be diving.

Thanks,

Michael
Don't forget the mineral oil, a few drops in each ear before the dive.

fairybasslet:
Pee in your wetsuit. :rofl3: :rofl3:

:rofl3: I'll second that!:rofl3: I can't believe it showed up on THIS thread! LOL

Actually... my tip is quite simple, and quite a no-brainer (I think).....

Stick with your buddy. Never be more than a couple arm lengths away. As someone on the board has in their sig line.... accidents have an annoying way of not going as planned. (or something like that) :wink:

erparamedic:
:rofl3: I'll second that!:rofl3: I can't believe it showed up on THIS thread! LOL
Everyone always tells me I'm a trouble maker. :eyebrow: :rofl3: I just couldn't resist.

I wish I had a profound tip to share but the best I can offer is "HAVE FUN!"

If you find yourself thinking about calling a dive, call it. If you are having second thoughts about a dive, don't do it.

loosebits:
If you find yourself thinking about calling a dive, call it. If you are having second thoughts about a dive, don't do it.

Good tip! Might I add... If you are with someone that backs out of or aborts a dive, be supportive of them. They did it for a reason.

:hijackedthread: I backed out of a dive this weekend... got to the site, got ready to decend, but was not comfortable (different gear/weighting), and aborted. That's the first time in 10 years that I've EVER backed out, but was glad I did. At the time, I felt like a total ditz (felt like after 10 years, I shouldn't have to abort a dive!)... but my buddies (2) were very supportive, and insisted I did the right thing. I told them to go ahead and dive, and I would see them back on beach (quarry beach). I got the issues fixed, and dove later that morning. It was just nice to know that my decision to NOT dive the 1st dive was supported by them.

Dont pee in a drysuit when you dont have a pee valve

erparamedic:
:hijackedthread: I backed out of a dive this weekend... got to the site, got ready to decend, but was not comfortable.

You missed your buddy, admit it :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom