Post trip follow up: LOVE my Apollo Bio Pros

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

susan6868

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi Gang-
I started a thread a few months ago with regard to Apollo Bio Pro fins while trying to decide whether to give them a try. Well, after much discussion, I bought them and headed off to Cayman to give them a try.
I bought the yellow ones with the standard strap. We dove for 5 days with them and thanks to a nasty Norwester in Cayman this past week, I got to try them in current.
Here are my impressions, which are basic, because I'm fairly new to this.

1. They are the most comfortable fins I've ever had on. I hardly know they are there.

2. The moved me through the water at a good clip, with very little exertion. I flutter kicked and just fluttered faster when I needed speed. Never felt like I was really "pumping". I kicked from my ankles when going slow and then with my calves when needing more power. No cramps, no strain, my thighs weren;t very much involved in the process.

3. Really easy to get on and off. Didn't even use the clips, just slid them off an on over my heels.

4. Bright yellow made it really easy for my buddy to spot me.

5. Worked great on the surface where the current was strongest.

Now, I don't know if they're better or worse for anyone depending on what you're doing, but I do know I really enjoyed using them. I had no trouble maneuvering in swim throughs and wrecks, and shot through the water pretty darn fast when I was trying to get a good picture or get to the boat.

Again, I'm new and no expert, but I thought an opinion from someone who's not an expert night be of value to someone else who's fairly new and is considering them. I couldn't be happier with them.

Susan, my experience with them matched yours. Glad you are enjoying them as well.

Congrats on the affirmation! It's always a pleasure to find you might a great pick on a piece of gear.

Now where are those pics of the Caymans???

Stay tuned- trip report to follow with pics............

Back
Top Bottom