Solved: Post times messed-up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-JD-

Eclecticist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just noticed that the post times, in thread and in the new-post list are wonky.

It is currently 10:30 AM here outside Philadelphia and my Preference are set to (UTC -5) Eastern .

The new post list shows posts "5 minutes ago", "8 minutes ago" ... "55 minutes ago" and then jumps to "Today at 11:30AM". If I go to the associated thread it also shows the last post "Today at 11:30AM"

I don't recall seeing this behavior earlier this morning 5:30ish and it is occurring on both my Desktop and Tablet running different browser families.

Roughly 12 hours ago, some hardware crashed, followed by a couple of hours downtime. That probably messed with the list of time entries.

I think it is still occurring. I just watched this post tick from "59 minutes ago" to "today at 12:19PM" at 11:20 local: D420! How about that? and I'm pretty sure it is recent.

I guess we'll know for sure if mine from 45 minutes ago goes weird.

Maybe server clock or offset is wrong?

Yeah this is weird. Actually shows as “later today.” Screen shot taken at 3:18pm CDT.

5D57FA6A-9515-4AA8-B0FE-0B1CBB32F0BB.jpeg

Another interesting quirk - SERIOUS props to the coders who actually thought of the edge cases and made this actually work ...

My last alert shows "Later today at 6:00PM"

ETA: @Marie13 beat me - with screenshots no less!

When you hit new posts, nothing new is showing up for me besides the two threads in that screen shot. Marking all posts as read doesn’t work, either.

I get New Posts, but with newer stuff being farther in the future. My guess is the server lords are are working on in it ...

Untitled.png

It's a new feature, previewing future posts. Pretty high-tech stuff.

Back
Top Bottom