Post Pool Dive Symptoms?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SanFranDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm a beginning diver, just getting ready for my open water certification. I've done a couple of pool practice sessions to work on my neutral buoyancy skills. I'm diving in a 12' deep pool.

At 3am following a pool dive my right shoulder, elbow and wrist joints felt sore and achy. Is this possibly DCS or just strain from hefting the tank?

One and two days after the pool dive I feel some soreness in the top of my head, sort of like a mild headache (a feeling of pressure). I also feel a pressure sensation in my ears, but I didn't experience any ear blocks that I'm aware of and my ears don't feel like they need to "clear".

Thoughts and observations regarding these symptoms?

At 12 feet, it's almost impossible to get enough nitrogen loading to have symptoms. On the other hand, scuba gear is HEAVY, and hangs off your shoulders. I would be willing to bet real money that your soreness is just the unaccustomed exertion.

I don't know what's causing your head soreness, but the ear symptoms are almost certainly a failure to equalize early enough and often enough. Under the onslaught of the many stimuli involved in diving for the first time, most people fail to equalize as they ought.

Agree with TS & M it would be virtually impossibly for this to be a DCS incident, best advice is to consult with a GP re these problems

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom