Post-Maumere - where to overnight in Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

charlier

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi all

My wife and I are looking for accommodations for one night in Bali after returning from a dive trip that ends in Maumere. We arrive Bali in the morning and depart the following day late-afternoon.

We prefer stay somewhere near Sanur (perhaps to busy) or better yet in Padang Bai or Manggis/Candidasa. Depending on traffic, it’s about a 2 hr ride from the airport to Candidasa, so we are not sure about the long taxi ride. Still, Padang Bai or Manggis/Candidasa is a bit more tranquil setting than Sanur. Our prices are mid-range, but we can always splurge. Suggestions... Thanks!

I thought about Sanur, but its a place that I always drive past on my way to east Bali. Any suggestions for a nice hotel in Sanur. Nusa Dua seems a bit corporate for our tastes.

Given the limited time, i'd stay in the South. Get into a nice hotel with a spa in Nusa Dua or Sanur.
If you do come to East Bali instead, I can vouch for Alila or even Mankila! Perfect for splurge...

Tamukami is nice, close to the main strip of shops and restaurants but one block away from the beach, or try the Puri Santrian (or Griya Santrian)

Try Trip advisor for suggestions with reviews for Sanur.

Thanks for the suggestions. Since my wife has only been to the airport on the way to Komodo Is, we might make the effort to go to either Manggis/Candidasa or Padand Bai. Since we are not traveling on a Friday or Sunday night, the traffic might be marginally better. It would be nice to walk around a small twn and checkout nice bars or restaurants, while our gear dries out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom