Post Isidore Cozumel Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bill Walton

Contributor
Reaction score
This a link to the photo album os some of my pictures from this weekends trip to Cozumel. Isidore has done some minor damage to the island, Nachi Cocom's pier partially colapsed, there is sand on some of the shallow southern reefs and some sponges gave way to the currents. The dive conditions were great, high vis, low currents, and the fish were dancing everywhere, happy to back at work.

The coolest thing was the gray angels were schooling for some reason. On a deep dive to palancar we saw three groups of a couple hundred swimming in tight schools. It was a sight to behold. I did get a couple pictures of a smaller school on San Fransico.

Hope ya'll enjoy.

Best Regards,

Bill

http://www.photoaccess.com/share/guest.jsp?ID=AB7DFF14E3C&cb=PA

I still can't get over those schools of Angels!

Hello,

It's not that unbelievable if you think about it. Many fish (even multispecies) will school for many reasons, hostile conditions like storms, dangers in the area, mating season and the like.

Ed

I understand WHY they are schooling...for the very reasons you listed. It's just that I've never seen it. I'm used to seeing Angels in 2's and 3's and to see them in large numbers is such a treat!

Hello,

In most enviroments that's a dead give away to get your stuff out of the water, quickly, don't pass go, don't collect $200. Alot of times post storms there will be bacteria/etc blooms, some can be rather unplesant to down right nasty, not to mention the increased die off that will bait preditors, among other things.

Ed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom