Post added/New Posts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bleeb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What's the "-----Post added .... Previous post -----" that I've been seeing in some posts lately? Is the system software now automatically merging multiple posts?

Also, like a lot of regulars, I mainly rely on the New Posts function. I went to the 'first unread post' in a thread, and accidentally scrolled backwards to a post I remembered previously reading, but there was some new text added with the "-----Post added-----" label that I *think* I hadn't seen before. Not 100% positive. Will try to scroll backwards more often and try to remember everything I've read, but if the system software is automatically merging posts and the result isn't properly flagged as being unread, this would be very annoying. Anyone else seeing this?

It is exactly what it looks like it is. If you are the last poster, and then you post again, it merges your post with the previous one.

If you post, and then someone else posts, it won't merge.

Very simple.

So... I'd have to say that you shouldn't have "back read to make sure you didn't miss something added after the fact"

If it's an actual conversation with other people, posts won't get merged. If you're having a conversation with yourself, then it will be made into a single post.

It prevents "double posts" or "bumping"

I hope this answers your question thoroughly. :)

Oh, I thought they were edited posts. Ok, cool. I do that anyway when I am the last poster, but want to add - so great!

Back
Top Bottom