Possible Trip to Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom here is pricing and description of a condo there similiar or possibly mine,there are only 10 condos.

Ocean view condo
*US$189, per night
or
US$218, including an economy car
*US$1499, per week, including the
car
(Based on two guests/can sleep up to
six)

Full
kitchen with dishwasher, queen bed in the master bedroom, queen or two twins in
the second bedroom, queen sofa-bed in the living room and patio. Two-and-a-half
bathrooms, central A/C, washer/dryer, 45-channel TV, DVD-player, ceiling fans,
phone, wireless high-speed Internet access (free of charge), ceramic tile
throughout.
Views of the Caribbean from
the patio and from the bedroom windows.

Almost forgot the website;

http://turtlenestinn.net/

Mark there is a BBQ Grill on the pool deck of the Inn that you can use...no beach fires though.

You have your choice of two pools the one at the condos or the one at the Inn.

I would be suprised if you see more than 2 people in the ocean at any given time,the snorkeling is considered some of the best on island .It is only 6-7 feet deep at the deepest inside the reef,don't try to go over the reef it is sharp and hard.Actually no need to venture past the reef most marine life is on the inside.If you eneter at the condos and go about 20-30 yards to the left there usually is a school of 5 Large Tarpon that hang there.

The Inn has snorkeling gear for use for free ,plus they have a library of 400 DVD's for guest use also for free.They will make reservations for you and point out all the good stuff.Always ask if they have any discounts available before you go somewhere they sometimes have discount coupons for different attractions.

Last edited:
Will do, EED. We're probably looking at May, the week before Memorial Day. You have room at the inn that week? We'll be sorting it out this weekend and I'll come back to you you after that. Tom

Tom let me know the dates when you have it figured out.I will contact the Inn and see what's available for that time frame.

Just so you know everything is paid through the Inn not to me.All dealings (money,logistics,etc.) will be done through them but I will gladly help in any way possible.

If you looked at the website you will see they also have rooms (8) at the Inn not just condos and all the rooms have a full kitchen .Depending on your needs and wants you have choices.

John

The pricing I got was so good, I decided to go to GC instead of an AI in Dominican Republic, the AI's in Jamaica being the most expensive.

The reviews on TripAdvisor about AI's in DR or Jamaica are so conflicting, for the very same resort.

t-mac

Just spent 5 days in Grand Cayman with my daughter and had a great time. We stayed at Sunset House, but rented a car to try a few other places for shore diving. The Sunset House reef is a good dive and I would have thought it was great, but by venturing out to other parts of the island I realized there are much better shore dives. Loved Turtle Reef and Lighthouse Point. Both easy to navigate with a nice mini-wall. The surf was rough the day we drove up to Cobalt Coast, so we passed on that.

If you dive turtle reef (or even if you don't) I can recommend eating at MacaBuca. It's the outdoor bar/restaurant attached to The Cracked Conch. You have to walk through MacaBuca to get to the entry point for the Turtle Reef dive. It was the best meal we had all week and prices weren't bad. My daughter had the conch strips and I had a Cuban panini. (By the way, why no cuban restaurants on an island so close to Cuba?) The onsite dive-op is Sun Divers and they will give you a good briefing. The only thing I didn't like about Turtle Reef was the entry point which can get crowded at times (lots of snorkelers too). After funneling into the exit point, we had to wait 3-4 minutes near the ladder to get out with a moderate surf in about 4 ft of water.

We dove Lighthouse point on two separate days. We were refunded our money (without asking) for the tanks on day #2 when we aborted our dive because of jellyfish in the water. Saw an octopus at the exit ladder as we were getting out of the water, so it wasn't a totally blown dive. Jeni, with Dive-Tech was super. I was really impressed with Dive-Tech - mostly because of her.

I was like you - wanted to skip StingRay City and dive the Kittiwake instead, but my daughter wanted to see the stingrays. Was happy we did when we saw a Hammerhead swim by in 12 feet of Water about 30 min into the dive.

The port area does get busy when the cruise ships come in. You can check out the ship schedule at CruiseTT. If you go into Georgetown, we enjoy eating at Guy Harveys and The Old Gaol (small indian cafe just behind the National Museum).

Anyway, you're gonna have a great time. Let us know how it goes.

Make sure you check out the cruise schedule. And plan on being on the water when they are on land......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom