'possible relocatoin'

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joedelt

Contributor
Reaction score
hey all,
my wife is job searching and one of the places on her list is stetson U in deland. was wondring how many live near there, and/or how many dive opportunities are within an hour or so. i know theres tons to to the south, but looking for stuff i could easily daytrip and get 2-4 dives in on.

currently she has about 6 places that she's to 2nd round interviews with. so i figure this is the time i can leverage dive locations :)

/john

there are about 5 dive sites within an hour of deland (2 of which i have dove) which is really close to me and my 20 foot boat. and i just happen to be looking for a dive buddy let me know if you land in deland. im married and my wife dont dive but we can and fish and waterski and beach the boat on a island and camp ect.ect.

sounds like a good match so far :) she has 6 states in which she's interviewing, with start dates in june. so its fast upon us

good deal i hope you land here. fyi me and my wife just moved from warren michigan last year. We both love it down here and wouldent go back for all the tea in china.

if you dont mind me asking, what caused you're relocation? hows the distance from major population centers/distance to closest mall and/or bestbuy etc?

anything we should be aware of relocation wise?
/john

Setson is somewhere between Daytona and Orlando (kinda sorta). Blue Spring is the closest, but you have the Cave country not too far from there, and a four hour drive to Boyton.

rebelmandziukan:
there are about 5 dive sites within an hour of deland (2 of which i have dove) which is really close to me and my 20 foot boat. and i just happen to be looking for a dive buddy let me know if you land in deland. im married and my wife dont dive but we can and fish and waterski and beach the boat on a island and camp ect.ect.

There are far more than 5 dive sites within an hour of deland, especially if you count the springs.

Stetson in Deland is not that far from Cassedega, the spiritualist colony near Lake Helen. I bet someone there would have your answers - plus you wouldn't even have to ask the questions.

we moved from MI to escape the 6 months of winter. not too sure about the rest

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom