Position wanted PADI MI: Bonaire Carribean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisBall

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi all,

I am a qualified PADI MI and I am looking to move to a full time Instructor position in Bonaire Carribean.

I started diving in 2002 and qualified as a PADI Professional in 2003 and have recently purchased a property in Belnem, Bonaire with an aim to move to the island to work as a full time instructor. I hold UK HSE (Health and Safety Executive) medical fitness to teach diving, renewed in the UK every year, and I am covered by professional liability insurance.

I am an efficient, enthusiastic and conscientious Master Instructor with over 6 years of experience, working part time, teaching the full range of PADI courses including Assistant Instructors as well as staffing IDC’s and IE’s. I have worked with for my local dive centre for the last 3 years where I have changed the PADI 5 star facility to a PADI 5 Star IDC. I can teach 21 specialities as well as EFR primary, secondary, child and AED and I love to teach all levels of courses and like watching people learn and develop new skills.

In addition I am certified as a DSAT Gas Blender Instructor with the qualification to blend the full range of Nitrox and Trimix mixes and hold service certificates from Apex and Oceanic.

I am currently studying the TEC REC curriculum with an aim to become a TEC REC 40, 45 and 50 Instructor to further my experience and skills in the diving industry.

I am also a Project Manager for a UK IT company where I have worked with my last employer for 8 years.

Please contact me for my full CV.

Actually this post is where it belongs.

I'd pursue every suggestion, and avenue. In a tough job market, you want to be noticed, and you can never rely on just sending out a resume! Even hopping down to Bonaire, and doing the handshake thing at all the operations, might produce results.

Thanks all, I have this posted on the Padi Job board too, where I have a potential lead. YAY!

I am waiting with interest to see what the new immigration rules will be following the dissolution of the Netherland Antilles yesterday. As an EU citizen I to not need a work permit to work in the Netherlands, but is this still an exception for Bonaire? I wait to find out with baited breath.

Thanks again all.

Chris -

If you find a shop that will hire you, they will help you get your residency/work permit. They do it all the time.

If I was you, I would come here and meet all of the dive shop owners/managers and ask if they have openings. You will likely get offered a job before you leave.

There are only a handful of large shops on Bonaire:

- Yellow Submarine
- Buddy Dive
- Capt Don's Habitat
- Bonaire Dive and Adventure
- Wanna Dive

Beyond those shops for TEC diving there are only two folks I know of who do it as a "business"; Walt Stark is a legendary deep diver (for Bonaire at least) and living here most of the time. There is also another TEC business here run by a guy named Benji called "Caribbean Gas Trraining" (I think) who could also be a good contact.

Good Luck

Thanks Bob, I have been a few times over the past few years and will be back at Christmas for 3 weeks where I intend to take in a few of the dive shops as you say. I am casting my net as wide as possible as it where, by using as much media as possible.

Thanks for the contacts, I will certainly chase up on those when I am on Island again.

Back
Top Bottom