Poseidon xtreme 7" longhose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
guys i was wondering if you know any supplier of poseidon longhoses for my xtreme, i need in 7" length.

also would you know if poseidon makes 22' hoses for backup?

Spoon:
guys i was wondering if you know any supplier of poseidon longhoses for my xtreme, i need in 7" length.

also would you know if poseidon makes 22' hoses for backup?

Spoon:

I just spoke to a Halcyon dealer who said he could take a standard (75cm) Poseidon hose and shorten it by cutting off the first stage connection and then putting a new connection on it. My first stage is a 3960, with supposedly a standard 3.8" LP port.

I'm going to check this out, because if true will save the cost and effort of trying to find a custom length Poseidon hose (the shortest that Poseidon makes is 28" i.e., 75 cm).

Good luck,

Rick

RSinger:
Spoon:

I just spoke to a Halcyon dealer who said he could take a standard (75cm) Poseidon hose and shorten it by cutting off the first stage connection and then putting a new connection on it. My first stage is a 3960, with supposedly a standard 3.8" LP port.

I'm going to check this out, because if true will save the cost and effort of trying to find a custom length Poseidon hose (the shortest that Poseidon makes is 28" i.e., 75 cm).

Good luck,

Rick

i converted my primary house 28'" into my backup and wear it necklace style. it is kinda loose but i manage. i also have re-attached my original backup hose and coupled with a 5' apex hose to create a very long hose of 7'4"

A while back I had been shopping for a Poseidon Xtreme reg, but decided against it because the hoses and servicing seemed a tad expensive to me....

Warren_L:
A while back I had been shopping for a Poseidon Xtreme reg, but decided against it because the hoses and servicing seemed a tad expensive to me....

i do admit the hoses are expensive, solved the problem with a coupler. in the philippines their is a servicer and distributor of poseidon gear. no problem with service or parts. if you ask me im more than satisfied with my xtreme

Spoon:
their 7' hoses are over $100 bucks!
Poseidon hoses are very expensive due to their specialized construction. I think Scubatoys has them for about the same price, but you can get the Scubaboard discount from them..

I've heard some great things about the Poseidon regs, which was why I was looking at them, but the thought of having to add things like couplers and such in order to make my hoses intechangeable with my other regs doesn't appeal to me all that much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom