poseidon jetstream 2nd stage on atomics 1st stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
guys this may sound stupid but i jsut wanted to know. my girl has an atomic aquatics b1, her second stage is busted. we are currently ordering the necessary parts from the states and it might take awhile. i was wondering since i have a spare poseidon jetstream 2nd stage as well as an Apeks atx200 2nd stage, will either work on the atomic's 1st stage? thanks need it hooked up by tom going deepdiving on sat:)

Spoon:
guys this may sound stupid but i jsut wanted to know. my girl has an atomic aquatics b1, her second stage is busted. we are currently ordering the necessary parts from the states and it might take awhile. i was wondering since i have a spare poseidon jetstream 2nd stage as well as an Apeks atx200 2nd stage, will either work on the atomic's 1st stage? thanks need it hooked up by tom going deepdiving on sat:)

Yes... The Apeks would make a bit more sense only because a poseidon 1st stage has an over pressure release valve in it since the 2nd stage is actually an upstream valve instead of downstream. That will allow excess pressure to escape if the seat goes... but there is also a spring loaded release on the 2nd stage hose - so really you are covered either way.

But either one should work fine with the IP being all in the 140 range - so go nuts, and go diving!

scubatoys:
Yes... The Apeks would make a bit more sense only because a poseidon 1st stage has an over pressure release valve in it since the 2nd stage is actually an upstream valve instead of downstream. That will allow excess pressure to escape if the seat goes... but there is also a spring loaded release on the 2nd stage hose - so really you are covered either way.

But either one should work fine with the IP being all in the 140 range - so go nuts, and go diving!

thanks bro, if you were in my shoes what would you pick? apeks or poseidon? a friend mentioned that poseidons are finicky and that their 1st stages are mated for their 2nd stages and that other 2nd stages might lead to potential problems in the future.

Spoon:
thanks bro, if you were in my shoes what would you pick? apeks or poseidon? a friend mentioned that poseidons are finicky and that their 1st stages are mated for their 2nd stages and that other 2nd stages might lead to potential problems in the future.

It's mated means fine tuning. Screw in and take a breath so you feel the resistance. But LOOK OUT, Poseidons hose comes with longer threads so make sure it wont go too deep in the 1st stage (other than Poseidon)
In Philippines no worries, but in moderate and cold waters check environmental sealing is sufficient in the 1st stage vs demand of the 2nd stg!!

BTW now I turn of my computer, leave my office and go to Tana fjord for a evening dive (hoping the water temp to be more than 5C)

I'd pick Apeks over Poseidon any day. Both are good but the Apeks is easier to service and the parts are a lot less expensive.

decided to get the entire set of apeks, screw mix and matching:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom