Poseidon customer service regarding M28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

688ClassRebreather

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
The highly anticipated release of the M28 computer has slipped several times, usually with no word from Poseidon. Time after time, announced delivery dates fly by unacknowledged. I am shocked at how little Poseidon has done to communicate with customers, especially those who have put down deposits. This sends a strong signal about how much Poseidon values and respects its customers. As a relatively new CCR diver, I am curious if the lack of communication from Poseidon is standard for this industry or just this company.

I was told they finally started shipping the M28 on 4 November and the backlog will be cleared in 3 - 4 weeks... which is, conveniently, right after DEMA. Has anybody received one yet? Has anyone been contacted by Poseidon with the status of their order?

In general most ccr manufacturers are fairly responsive.

Poseidon has always been a little flaky in the US. It's really nothing new. Their gear is well made and works but their customer support is mediocre at best.

Their US presence does seem to be improving however...which is good, maybe someday I'll be able to say that their customer service is good.

In general most ccr manufacturers are fairly responsive.

Poseidon has always been a little flaky in the US. It's really nothing new. Their gear is well made and works but their customer support is mediocre at best.

Their US presence does seem to be improving however...which is good, maybe someday I'll be able to say that their customer service is good.
Thanks. In my opinion, tech support has been amazing but the customer service and communication could use improvement. I am glad it is isolated to this company and not industry wide.

They just put out that the M28 will ship to the US "before Christmas." I asked for a refund of my deposit.

unfortunately Poseidon USA isn't really in control of any of this information and Sweden has never really been great about providing it so I wouldn't fault James et al. for the delays and communication issues since it is out of their control. I fully hear you on the M28 though, I've been trying to at least get one to look at for 6 months and can't get a hold of anything

I did not intend to blame James or anybody else. I agree that the delivery is out of the hands of Poseidon USA, but the communication is not. As a customer I am extremely frustrated about the continuous shift in dates. As an instructor, I am professionally embarrassed that many of the things I discussed with my students and potential students are wrong. I know some of my students were trying to decide between buying the Se7en or the Hollis P2 and went with the Poseidon based, in part, on the pending improvements included in the M28. Just as I am frustrated by the shifting dates, my students are probably frustrated. Just as you (incorrectly) thought I was frustrated with James, I think my students (I hope I am incorrect) are frustrated with me. At the very least, it undermines my credibility in their eyes.

Got to play and dive with all the gear (7/m28/sensor) yesterday here in Sweden. Good fun :) wanted to upload pictures but to much of a hassle here. Peter, the Poseidon rep said the sensor is coming later this year... I'm meeting them again in a month so let's see..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom