portable doubles stand?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BabyDuck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
anybody have a suggestion for something like that? here's the scene - i just started diving doubles, and have trouble getting them on from the back of my little suv 'cause it's too short. (gaah, feels like i did nothing but crunches all weekend...) easier from a taller pickup, but unless i'm diving with that particular buddy, that's not much help, plus getting them onto his tailgate is something i can't do by myself unless i wear them there, so we still have the 'hard to put them on from my suv' issue. i'm dreaming of something like the stands at ginnie or peacock, but for one person's tanks & maybe with removable or folding legs so it would fit in my forester, and tall enough that the stand itself could be used like skids to get the tanks into the car or onto a tailgate. thoughts? i can't quite 'see' the details of it enough to tell someone what to build, only enough to keep thinking about it. pipe dream only? or possible? does anybody use anything for similar purposes?

Marci,

I feel your pain, especially since I pulled my 95's apart to use as singles and doubled the 130's. About the only thing I have been able to think of is to make somthing out of steel and wood. Of course the end product could be great, but it would also be fairly heavy and at least somewhat bulky. Rick Murcar (GDI) has a protable table that has the table top at a reasonable height, but there is no back so you need to balance the cylinders as if you were using a picnic table. He also has a large white van and a large white trailer with a compressor in it.

My suggestion is when at a place like Lake Rawlings where there are tables, have the cylinders on the bench between dives, just before you gear up move the doubles to the table top and balance them on end while you put them on. At the end of the dive reverse the process, only lowering them to the bench height NOT the ground. When I need to move them long distances they live on a hand truck.

Mark Vlahos

ooh, miesemer, those are great, especially the ones with handtrucks build in! wow, i might have a solution!

mark, reckon we could distract him & nick the van & trailer? :wink:

Another idea: Our guys use a simple A-frame device that acts like a painters stand with a hook at the top that supports the doubles at the manifold and has a shelf for the tanks to rest on....the thing is small and fits anywhere.

have any pics?

Our group of twin tank divers have used the 4 foot white plastic toped table from Sam's club. I have had mine for 3 years. It fits a set of 95's and space for other stuff on either side. Our group has 6 of them all together.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom