Port Closed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't find it either - it used to be a sticky at the top. It probably got removed since "god" Dillehey always had such a problem with it - and I no longer own my shop or live there.

I may still have it on my computer - I will look for it.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This has nothing to do with Dave Dillehey. I unpinned it since it was dated and to make room for other pinned info. It is still searchable if anyone wants to find it.

I can't find it either - it used to be a sticky at the top. It probably got removed since "god" Dillehey always had such a problem with it - and I no longer own my shop or live there.

I may still have it on my computer - I will look for it.
We can all have respectful disagreements.
You really want to start slinging mud?
Uncalled for.
Ftr, I've never met the man, nor dived with his former shop.

Saw 9 Caribbean reef sharks at Bricks today. That’s 15 sharks in two days. And a few more loggerheads chewing away at the reefs.

El Moro didn’t disappoint!
Are you sure they were loggerheads? I have been diving Cozumel for over 25 years and I have only seen a handful of them in all that time. Most of the turtles I see there are green or hawksbill.

Reactions: JFS
Yes. Maybe you should change dive ops?
That makes a lot of sense... not. Unless things have changed radically since I last dived Cozumel (last May and for 25+ years before that) the vast majority of turtles in the waters there are not loggerheads.

So... back to port closures...

Anyone willing to make a prediction for Saturday/Sunday/Monday? Still new to reading windguru, is that enough to shut things down?

That makes a lot of sense... not. Unless things have changed radically since I last dived Cozumel (last May and for 25+ years before that) the vast majority of turtles in the waters there are not loggerheads.
But some are, right? You even mention seeing them…hats off to your 25 years of diving CZM :wink:

So... back to port closures...

Anyone willing to make a prediction for Saturday/Sunday/Monday? Still new to reading windguru, is that enough to shut things down?
Current port captain seems to be much more flexible than the past ones….watch Houston weather for added confirmation…winds here are still out of the north, but we’re diving today…little chop at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom