Port Closed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like another El Norte heading in.
Screenshot_20211104-045918.png

This Facebook page updates on days the port is closed. It won’t help if you’re not on Facebook, but if you are, it’s a great resource.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/827648658011926/user/100003528450954/
Nice FB page - DWM makes it easy (as long as he keeps it updated.) After one makes their own prediction with windguru, they can check out the page. I like (in one his last posts) that he puts his phone number and writes to call so they can get you out the day the port opens.

Flat as can be used this morning till we boarded our ride to the south…all in all, another marvelous day of diving…the usual…toad fish…two sharing one condo! Spottted ray, a few nurse sharks on the prowl…crabs and lobsters galore and a few tortugas to boot….water temps 84 at depth! Some interesting Nudi Branched too.

Don't worry, the original subject became irrelevant by Saturday afternoon. And yes, they no longer do daylight savings time in Cozumel. They align with central time during the summer and eastern time during the winter.

We lost out on our bonus day of diving on Friday because of the port closure. I went and sat at the "closed" beach at Fiesta Americana most mornings from about 5:30-6:30 am (having young kids will do that to you) and on Friday morning the waves were crashing over the little sea wall. I was in no way surprised, or really disappointed for that matter, that the port was closed. I took most of my group into town for the day because they had never been to Cozumel and needed to see the real world, not just the resort. Everybody was pretty happy with the day.
Please correct me if I am wrong but but isn’t central time GMT-5 and eastern time GMT-4, so in summer clocks move back one hour, and forward one hour in winter,. Isn’t this daylight savings in winter?

Please correct me if I am wrong but but isn’t central time GMT-5 and eastern time GMT-4, so in summer clocks move back one hour, and forward one hour in winter,. Isn’t this daylight savings in winter?
Spring forward - Fall back. You have the exact opposite. It’s also Daylight Saving Time. There is no “s”.

Port is closed today…fine by me, I needed the rest :wink:

Yeppers…

Sort of. During the winter the time is the same as Miami and in the summer it's the same as New Orleans, but it's the time in Miami and New Orleans that changes, not Cozumel.

That makes a lot of sense... not. Unless things have changed radically since I last dived Cozumel (last May and for 25+ years before that) the vast majority of turtles in the waters there are not loggerheads.
We often see loggerheads at certain sites. The most common turtle seen although is hawksbill and then green.

Back
Top Bottom