Port Closed ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azscubadude

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I checked in on the SCC web cam last night (Saturday-4/21) just before dark and it was rockin & rollin. First time I can remember seeing a blurry image then in focus when it refreshed, just like our weather cams up here when the winds are high. The SCC cam is on a pretty sturdy mount, it gets blurry but seldom seems to shake much, the winds must have been fairly strong.

The waves were crashing up over the pier sorta out of the west / southwest something else I haven't seen in a while as they are usually out of the west / northwest when it kicks up a bit.

Looks like it is even stronger this morning. Hope it calms down for all the divers down there.

Hey Chris. How you doing? Joe finished processing all his photos so I'll have to send you some.

I just sat down to drink my coffee and check out the SCC webcam. Can't really see a thing and the waves seem to be crashing over the pier. Came here next and saw your post. Glad it's not when we were there 2 weeks ago.

We're going the end of May, and was wondering how winds/port issues are then?? Sorry to latch onto your thread :)

Yep port has been closed since yesterday midday. Wind is still blowing and waves are big and choppy. Hopefully tomorrow this weather will pass. Went to the east side today and it was calm and beautiful. Still happy to be here in paradise!

Wind is blowing like crazy down here today. It's still nice and sunny, though.

Yep, port was closed, and so we took our little rented car and ran all over heck instead. Bought the wifey a pineapple aqua fresca at Coconuts and we sat drinking them out on the edge of the cliff dining area about 100 feet up from the beach and watched that wonderful azure sea slowly rolling in. Life can sure be tough sometimes, can't it?:coke: Now let's hope that Mother Nature is finished with us by morning so that we can get this show on the road! :praying: Mossman is coming in, and we never like to disappoint him, do we? Stay tuned. Woody

Looks like it is even stronger this morning. Hope it calms down for all the divers down there.
It looks like it has salt on the lens from the wind and spray. Can someone go up there and wipe it off?

Yep, port was closed, and so we took our little rented car and ran all over heck instead. Bought the wifey a pineapple aqua fresca at Coconuts and we sat drinking them out on the edge of the cliff dining area about 100 feet up from the beach and watched that wonderful azure sea slowly rolling in. Life can sure be tough sometimes, can't it?:coke: Now let's hope that Mother Nature is finished with us by morning so that we can get this show on the road! :praying: Mossman is coming in, and we never like to disappoint him, do we? Stay tuned. Woody
I just got off the phone with Mother Nature and she promised she'll have the water ready for me by the morning of the 24th. She had better, since she owes me from previous trips. Otherwise, does anyone have the phone number of the port guy? Maybe we can bribe him to open up the port since it's Mexico after all. Even better if he takes MasterCard.

The good part is that we haven't had to run the A/C since it's been so cool and breezy.

I have to find some silver lining if I can't dive...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom