"Popping" in nasal canal / headache

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sparg93

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I was diving today and everything was going normal, when at about 50ft there was a slight "popping" in my nose..the sensation came from the lower part of the bridge of my nose on the left side. My dive profile at the time was fairly level, maybe a slight decline.

Immediately following i had discomfort in my left ear...very weird feeling...not painful, but certainly uncomfortable. I finished the dive and figured everything was ok b.c the uncomfortableness subsided to the point that it was very slight.

So i suited up again and dove...had some problem equalizing (left ear) so i slowed my descent dramatically and waited until equalization and the pain subsiding. Finished dive up with no problem.

Right now (about 5hrs later) I have a headache and some pain in my left ear, right ear is fine.

Any ideas or recommendations?? (i have never felt this before)

Back
Top Bottom