Poor Knights Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Azza:
....I think you should dive here Almity. You will love it. Then we can all go out, and in the fine ANZAC tradition get merrily slaughtered, afterward :D
well we dont drink alchohol but we always buy up our 2ltr duty free allowance for friends :wink:.....i'll keep nagging the boss for a company paid trip!

Yeah I loved it so much im heading back next saturday with another buddy.Wade Doak is also going & there maybe some free diving on the cards. Im also trying to organize a trip up with the divers from my coastgaurd unit late next month. I need to get in as many dives as possible before the new baby arrives in Feb. I will give you a buzz Azza if we cant fill the boat.
Was Fred reef that deep? I got down to the ledge at 40 meters and it looked so inviting to just go down to the next ledge...and then the next....LOL

Almighty... I think the duty free limit into NZ is 3 bottles of spirits. hint hint. :)

Azza... have you signed up for the VIP club yet? They got me hooked when they mentioned the possibe Three Kings trips. Wouldnt that be cool!

almitywife:
famous last words.... if we ever get over there & get to dive together, expect to be bored silly by hubby on this subject (hubbys site: www.almity1.com)

Wow just been checking out some of the pix on the site and they really show mine for what they are. Snap shots! Your husband is very talented.
I need a new camera and housing and lenses and strobes and and and...lots of practice!
I think I will work on the practice first.

almitywife:
well we dont drink alchohol but we always buy up our 2ltr duty free allowance for friends :wink:.....i'll keep nagging the boss for a company paid trip!
Thats ok...Tea and Scones with lashings of whipped cream and jam then?
Keep nagging

Packhorse:
Yeah I loved it so much im heading back next saturday with another buddy.Wade Doak is also going & there maybe some free diving on the cards.!
I am thinking about next Sunday...I have a couple of mates that are keen.
Packhorse:
Im also trying to organize a trip up with the divers from my coastgaurd unit late next month. I need to get in as many dives as possible before the new baby arrives in Feb. I will give you a buzz Azza if we cant fill the boat.!

Yeah do that. I am always keen

Packhorse:
Was Fred reef that deep? I got down to the ledge at 40 meters and it looked so inviting to just go down to the next ledge...and then the next....LOL!
Oh yes...it's fantastic. Katie and I were sitting at 40 metres thinking the very same.

Packhorse:
Azza... have you signed up for the VIP club yet? They got me hooked when they mentioned the possibe Three Kings trips. Wouldnt that be cool!
Not yet but I will. I intend on going out more than last year. It's far easier than launching my own boat lol
I am so keen on the Three Kings. That is ranked second on my world top ten list...only Chuuk Lagoon beats the Three Kings

I love Freds Pinnacle too Azza. Thoroughly enjoyed my dive. Would have loved to join you all in Blue Mao Mao Arch but as part of the boat crew we felt it important that the PKD team stayed on the boat to ensure it wasn't too much of a problem-we couldn't anchor as the boat builders hadn't supplied a crank handle for the anchor winch. Luckily for us the guys were very experienced and to be honest it was a joy for me to have such divers aboard. The amount of boats there once you'd all finished diving confirmed the importance of a fast boat-get there first, get the best sites.

Can't wait till we can dive tie dye arch. I have a love for that site-stems from my aquarium days where growing sponges of awesome colour takes 10's of years. The encrusting life is just awesome in the arch. WE WILL GET A FLAT CALM DAY TO DIVE THERE... Please...

Packhorse:
Just had a day of diving up at the Poor Knights Islands Marine reserve which is situated off the east coast of Northland New Zealand.
Wow what a fantastic day.
I'm jealous. That's such a fantastic place to dive.

Daryl Morse:
I'm jealous. That's such a fantastic place to dive.
WE didnt have such good viz this time as you had tho Daryl.
Im booked to go back again on Sunday:D

Just to continue the thread - I had a great 4 days up there from 27th to 30th - not great viz but we got on all the good sites. Lots of sting rays at sugarloaf, johndory at Tie Die Arch, heaps of snapper and blue Maomao at Northern Arch etc. etc. A few pics follow:

Blue_Mao_Mao_Arch.jpg

Poor_Knights_urchin.jpg

yellow_moray.jpg

Evening_in_South_Harbour.jpg

Alison

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom