Poor boy's light rig.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The beam is the reason I have yet to purchase anything. I like the idea of 4 small cheap lights, just might do it...

I just booked a 10 day package to Playa Del Carmen(in Sept)and intend on doing lots of diving with Reef Quest Divers again, last time I regretted not bringing a camera so I bought the Hero2 Outdoor edition and a bunch of goodies like the flip up filter(when it comes out), the new dive housing, LCD backpack and an extra battery. now the problem is.... Light.
In the past week I have spent about 24 hours total on the computer trying to find 2 wide angle lights that put out at least 600 lumens each. My budget is stupid small which limits me to flashlights to use as video lights. Every time I find something that could work either it's to expensive or not a wide angle. I have looked for diffusers in many cases but none are made for the right lights. The Laluz L800 is bang on except the price, at $200 each that's too much money right now. I was looking at these but at 11.5 beam angle and no diffuser I'm out of luck. I am used to using 18650 batteries for my land lights so battery selection is not a problem. I will be making a a rig with handles on it out of aluminum from work... Basically I've got everything down except the lights. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Please take a look at the modular tray and light system which we have put together. M2HTCT-2.jpg

MAKO 2 Handle Transformer Camera Tray

I can make the tray at my shop, I am however looking at your mini lights.

Just pulled the trigger on the DRIS light. I'll tinker with a reflector and/or diffuser. I need a dive light anyway so it'll get put to use one way or another.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom