Pool use with the Carbon 42

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AZ Desert Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have been doing some heavy teaching and I'm due to get a new set of Regs. I've been looking at the Carbon and after attending the Expert Clinic at DEMA and playing with it there it is talking to me every day saying "buy me, buy me." I just have not seen it in use in the pool at all or seen posts from anyone using in the pool. Can anyone tell me how they are holding up to heavy pool use? Is it going to dull the finish on it at all? This is just one sexy looking Reg set!

i have them they dive great but mine have only been in the pool twice. so i cant help you on this one. i would think it would hold up fine in the pool.

They should hold up with no problems. Good question though.

Best,

Even though the body is made of carbon fiber, the finish is glossy, so I'm sure it will get "mattiffied" in extended pool use, like any other glossy reg, but it depends on the pool janitor and how much chemicals are used, that again depending on the number of people using the pool.

Unless you work at Nemo33. Then you have nothing to worry about. Not even rinsing your gear :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom