Pool Pervert!!!

What would you do if you noticed a pervert checking out lady swimmers in the pool

• Ingnore it and focus on your swim

Votes: 60 35.5%
  • Tell the lifeguard

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • Inform management

Votes: 38 22.5%
  • Tell the lady swimmer about it and let her deal with it

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Confront the pervert

Votes: 18 10.7%
  • Grab the guy and drag him to the bottom of the pool

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NYPI:
Creepy guy story:

I was at the pool the other day and trying out a new mask and snorkel I picked up for my vacation next week. As I am swimming I noticed these two fat people in the lane next to me. People like that shouldn't be allowed to swim in public. Then I noticed this guy swimming next to me. Did he have to swim in my lane? Oh man every time I pass him he's looking at me. I feel uncomfortable but to each his own. Maybe I will look at that cute chick in the lane next to me and this guy will get the hint that I don't roll that way. And so on...

As you can see thing may get confused. As long as this guy wasn't grabbing or making unwarranted remarks who cares unless you are the pool police.

If looking at a woman is socially unacceptable then I want to unaccepted. What about women looking at other women should I get the stake and some wood? I find it creepier that a guy doesn’t notice a pretty girl…
JMTC

Oh my god...what on earth does that have to do with this subject?? And who do you think you are?? What a horrible statement to make...did you ever consider that those "fat" people are trying to better themselves physically, by going to the pool. What a horrible time it must have been for you to have to look at them... I feel soooo sorry for you, you poor, poor man. It's people like you that don't belong in public places!

ZAquaman:
The guy was staring at her crotch as she did the breast stroke... The girl was cute but this guy was in his mid 40's and she was probably in her teens. He had a very creepy vibe about him. The kind of guy who makes your skin crawl...

I guess I too would want a better definition of creepy. Granted, I get vibes on people all the time so I trust your feelings.

I guess my thoughts are that I am a mid 40’s guy and if a hot little teenager swims in front of me I would probably be found guilty checking it out. Actually, most red blooded men I know would be found guilty. Heck, I always hang out a little lower than the rest on SS to look at the scenery above.

I guess that makes me a perv! LOL!

Although, I doubt I would be so obvious as to throw on a mask and proceed to follow her around. That’s just in poor taste and the act of a true perv!

The answer would be to have the "Victem" contact the officials i.e. the lifeguard if it were bothering her. Why get involved unless there is some physical issue?

The comment about the two fat people gives us a visual...a sense of being at this pool and the many waves that were being created and no doubt bubbles.

It gives the story character...were there any harpoons near by?

If the guy glanced over once in awhile or even everytime their paths crossed during the workout, no big deal. But to match her speed and stay there for any length of time whilw his eyes were focused on her crotch might be uncomfortable.

How would you feel if a guy on the jogging track stayed behind you at all the time with his eyes aways on your butt?

How about a mirrors on someones shoe in a crowded train? Still public pace right?? No expectation of privacy correct???

I think bringing the subject up to either the girl or guy discretely would be appropriate.

I would hope if I was causing someone discomfort that it would be brought to my attention.

SCUBAJENNIFER:
Oh my god...what on earth does that have to do with this subject?? And who do you think you are?? What a horrible statement to make...did you ever consider that those "fat" people are trying to better themselves physically, by going to the pool. What a horrible time it must have been for you to have to look at them... I feel soooo sorry for you, you poor, poor man. It's people like you that don't belong in public places!

Yes! I resemble I mean resent that remark!:huh:

dscheck:
How about a mirrors on someones shoe in a crowded train?

Those are OK. Right?

I've read many, but not all of the posts. Its nice to see what other reasonable people think. It helps me coallesce my own thoughts. That being said: If an attactive woman is in public, there is nothing wrong when a man looks or even stares. After all, many women go out of their way to enhance or emphasize their attractiveness. (Perhaps that is why they call it "attractive.") They do so partly to attract attention. Some even do it in hopes of attracting a potential husband. Thus, there is nothing wrong with looking. I have trouble saying there is something wrong with someone putting themself in a normal position, in a public place, from which they can look. (Think of how at thinggs like the Acadamy Awards spectators wants to be as close to the red carpet as possible.) Even if the one doing the looking is "creepy" he has as much right to look or stare as anyone else. SO LONG AS ALL HE DOES IS LOOK. If you have a bad feeling about him, I think a friendly greeting which lets him know you have noticed him noticing her will probably suffice to keep him in line.

At the same time, putting himself into an unnatural position or location that enables him to watch warrants more action. Likewise, putting himself into a position to unnaturally invade her privacy, e.g. mirrors, telescopes, or cameras held below skirt level and pointing up, also warrant more action.

cnctina:
I'm see the word "training" pop up, is there a PADI specialty class on this subject?

Yup, underwater beer drinking and girl watching specialty. I get $1 and PADI gets the rest for the coursework, though.

jepuskar:
The comment about the two fat people gives us a visual...a sense of being at this pool and the many waves that were being created and no doubt bubbles.

It gives the story character...were there any harpoons near by?

:whack: Bad, Bad Troll!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom