Pony tank regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I own the Mk10-G250. I always take this as a backup in my gear bag.
Dive shop has the Mk20-G200B for $150.
I was thinking about a new Mk2 with R195.
I like SCUBAPRO.

I have always gone with the Swedes for any cold-water or ice diving -- with or without the vodka-filled antifreeze rubber cap or the other, more involved metal / Delrin version -- and am still using unbalanced or "compensated" Poseidon Cyklon 300s from decades ago as ponies and stage bottles, for their sheer toughness and simplicity.

Even with its standard 11.5-12 bar specs, I have never had one freeze on me; nor have I ever had to lower that pressure for some anecdotal cold water diving rationale.

A friend just picked up a mid-1970s 300 first and second, for about US 80.00, at a local flea market . . .

Attachments

• IMG_2672.JPG
    IMG_2672.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 66
  • 84C537C5-C74B-4677-9906-002186DC576C.jpeg
    84C537C5-C74B-4677-9906-002186DC576C.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 72
Just to throw out another option, I use an Aqua Lung Legend LX as my pony reg.

1. It is rock solid and reliable. I want to KNOW my pony reg will work.
  2. It is a great breathing reg. That can come into play in a stressful situation when breathing hard at depth.
  3. It is great in cold and warm water.
  4. I can turn it sideways, route hoses down and the routing works well.
  5. The 2nd stage is fully adjustable allowing me to fully detune it when not in use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom