Pony positioning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ed Palma

Contributor
Reaction score
Just bought a 40cf bottle and tried it out in the pool.

Rigged it following the directions on DIR-diver.com, where the upper bolt-snap attaches above the break of the bottle.

Picture2.png

Picture1-1.png

My questions are:
1. Is my bottle hanging too low? Can I move the clip closer to the neck?
2. should I move my hip D-ring closer to my back to move the bottle closer to me?

Thanks.

Is your bottle a Luxfer or a Catalina? Their weight characteristics are somewhat different.

Your bottle looks fine to me. Remember, its heavier when its full, as it empties (a Luxfer) will tend to float up and behind you in your slipstream.

You need a certain amount of slack to be able to swing the bottle around to re-stow the hose, check the mix taped on the neck, remove and replace it, and otherwise manipulate it. If they're too tight, they're more difficult to handle. Try it awhile and see if its working for you. Change only if you need to.

Just one guys opinion...

Thanks Doc!

As per the advice on this board, I made sure I got a luxfer :D

Its full in this picture. I was just wondering about shortening the back strap too. I was reading the dive-rite manual on rigging a stage bottle and it stated that if diving a single stage, it was okay to loop the other strap around the handle to shorten it. Probably wont do that, seeing as it would be hard for me to unclip my SPG, but was wondering if anyone did that, and how it worked out for them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom