Pony or no Pony ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And diving the shallow parts of Bari Reef is like diving in a big bathtub with fishy friends. :)

Just to bring up a tangential point - you will not have to be diving to 80 feet to see the reefs in Bonaire. Looking over my dive logs from my Bonaire air trip my typical profile was diving to a depth of 30-45 feet. The only "deep" dive we did was to check out the Hilma Hooker.

Cathan:
Just to bring up a tangential point - you will not have to be diving to 80 feet to see the reefs in Bonaire. Looking over my dive logs from my Bonaire air trip my typical profile was diving to a depth of 30-45 feet. The only "deep" dive we did was to check out the Hilma Hooker.

Were any of these boat dives? Do you know the depth of the boat dive sites does it varie depending on the skill level or do they do like a 2 tank deep dive in the morning and a 2 tank shallow reef in the afternoon or something like moor on the reef and the more experienced divers go south into deeper water and the less go to north or the landward side into shallower water?

I did one boat dive with Buddy's and the planned depth was 60 ft. We went a bit deeper and some people were shallower. All the reefs are slopes so you can dive profiles from 20 to 130 feet on the same reef. The best part of the reef is above 80 feet. The only reason to go deep is the occasional sighting of a ray or shark.

They moor in relatively shallower water and you swim away from shore to get to the reefs which take a gentle slope to sand and deeper water. Think of it as a fringing reef.

You know, you can always hire a DM for the first couple of dives. But, as I said, it's the easiest diving I've ever done. I'd love to go back there!

redhatmama:
You know, you can always hire a DM for the first couple of dives. But, as I said, it's the easiest diving I've ever done. I'd love to go back there!

But the DM won't be redhatmama!:D Just joshin I'll be fine!

es601:
Ok here I thought I decided aaggggggggh! I know it's our decision. We plan on practicing our skills more in Bonaire,we will pick out a shallow sandy area and do so(are there any?) It is tough to practice on a guided boat dive but we may get some pool time in before then.
Ed

Do your skills mid-water. That's when the emergency is most likely to happen. I've never seen an emergency happen while kneeling in the sand (well, maybe stings and cuts).

es601:
But the DM won't be redhatmama!:D Just joshin I'll be fine!

Nah, I would just lead you into temptation to dive the Hooker or the double reef at Alice in Wonderland. I'm supposedly dangerous. :)

Seriously, all the photos in my gallery are from Bonaire if you want to take a peek. The orange cup coral was found under the stairs at Buddy's dock next door. You're going to love Bonaire!

paulwall:
Do your skills mid-water. That's when the emergency is most likely to happen. I've never seen an emergency happen while kneeling in the sand (well, maybe stings and cuts).

Good point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom