Pony Management

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlwest63

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So how does everyone manage there pony on a dive charter?

I am going to mount it to my main tank but I am wondering when the BC is hooked to the tank and the tank is in the boats tank holder how will the pony fit? It is a 19 if that matters.

Anyone got any pics of them slinging one?

Depends on the boat configuation. Sometimes the rig can take two spots in the rack. Sometimes it can sit sideways in the rack and be fine. I typically just ask the captain what works best for their boat.

I sling mine and avoid all that sort of problem. N

jlwest63:
So how does everyone manage there pony on a dive charter?

I am going to mount it to my main tank but I am wondering when the BC is hooked to the tank and the tank is in the boats tank holder how will the pony fit? It is a 19 if that matters.

Anyone got any pics of them slinging one?

I just find a spot where I can take up two slots. This sometimes means moving my second tank to somewhere else on the boat. If you want to tank mount your pony, and are having issues with not having the space, then just talk to the boat captain, or DM.

Slinging the pony is certainly a good option. But when I dive with my DSLR, I just don't feel like having that much gear hanging off my front. Tank mounting the pony is great, I don't even know it's there.

I was thinking of slinging mine, but I ended up getting a pony tamer bracket to attach it to the main tank. It has a quick release pull pin to secure / remove it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom