Pony Bottles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jpmorrison

Reaction score
I understand that this board is mostly tek divers and I am a OW diver, but I would like an opinion from both sides on the use of pony bottles for a redundant air source.
Thanks

JP

Actually there are more non tech divers here than anything else. This topic has come up alot, use the search feature and you will find all the info you need to know about pony bottles and / or redundant air supplies.

welcome to the boards

Andy

:boom: Thanks trymixdiver for you're most informative opinion.
That will be the last question I ask because I now know everything about diving.

jpmorrison once bubbled...
:boom:
Andy was being helpful and you were being lazy.

It is true that pony bottles have been beat to death here on this board and a lot of folks get tired of the same old conversation.

I, however, never tire of singing the same song so let me answer your generalized question and then if you need clarification just ask something more specific.

What do I think of pony bottles as a redundant air source?

Other that my opinion that air is for tires... I don't think that pony bottles belong on a dive as a redundant air source.

I take it you did not like his response?

:D You're right JamesK. I thought I had a serious question about the use of p--- b------. My fault for not knowing about the search.
Being lazy?

jpmorrison once bubbled...
:D You're right JamesK. I thought I had a serious question about the use of p--- b------. My fault for not knowing about the search.
Being lazy?

Relax Jim. Folks hear the same questions over and over again, we teach you how to find the answers. This is the best scuba source around, even we aren't all warm and fuzzy at all times. Hang out. read and learn, don't get pissy :)

Tom

Andy was being helpful and you were being pissy? **** YOU
UNCLE PUG AND what ever you think you are . I will never consort with group again.

jpmorrison446,
What do you need a redundant air source for? What depths/environments?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom