Pony bottle rentals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Going out on a limb here.........but why not...........:)

19 CF is the most popular for rec dives............

40 CF if tech is in your future............

I think most folks on SB sling their pony bottle.................

But hey I might be wrong...............lets see..........

M

I don't know of any shops that rent pony bottles, but then again, I've never even considered one.

What do you want to carry one for? Then that should determine what you need. If you want to carry extra gas, using a bigger tank is a better way to go, or even doubles.

mike next time we get together you can try mine. I carry one when i'm with unfamiliar dive buddies or doing "solo" diving when I'm overseas. its pretty easy to get separated when taking pics and its nice to have a little backup.

man this thread is going to open a can of worms.

I have a Cat 13 and two 30's you can borrow to try out. One 30 is a Cat, the other is Luxfer. Look here for the differences.

Yes, most people sling them. Rig it like a deco/stage bottle, that seems to be the most comfortable way to dive with them.

mike next time we get together you can try mine. I carry one when i'm with unfamiliar dive buddies or doing "solo" diving when I'm overseas. its pretty easy to get separated when taking pics and its nice to have a little backup.

Thanks guys, I'll probably take you up on it.

Others: I'm honestly not asking what size, how to rig it, etc. I already got a thread going for that. I simply want to try out some options before making a decision and I figure if an LDS rents them it would be an easy way to try out different configurations.

I've never heard of shops renting pony bottles, especially not run of the mill shops in town. Tech oriented shops that cater to technical diving and technical diving charters might.

I've never heard of shops renting pony bottles, especially not run of the mill shops in town. Tech oriented shops that cater to technical diving and technical diving charters might.

Oh yeah, and to add to can of worms: Your BUDDY is your pony bottle. :wink:

uvbkgh

I've sometimes thought about getting a pony to try my hand at some (given my experience level) terribly misguided solo diving at the Breakwater. Then I remember that if I ever tried that, my girlfriend would probably kill me well before the ocean ever did... :shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom