Pony Bottle Reg Use

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

General rule - *anytime* you use redundant air supply, whether doubles or a pony, use only 1 second stage per cylinder... My dive buddy and I have seen dives cancelled due to well-maintained yet freeflowing octos up at Lake Wazee in Wisconsin. It does happen.

jhbryaniv:
Over analyzing it???

I got what you meant Kestrell

John

Yes, I was just using an analogy to illustrate my point. As we all know, no analogy bears up to scrutiny well.

I was just trying to say that the increased risk of failure from an octo is negligible. Obviously doubles with an iso valve are desirable, but not what we all want to dive with all of the time.

I'm diving with my primary and octo. and will soon be adding a pony (30 cuft) to my gear. I'm keeping my octo. though.

I dive with an octo and a pony. The octo is in case somebody else is in trouble. The pony is if MY rig malfunctions. My buddy may not be able or reliable enough to count on. Too often I get paired up with just anybody.
Anyone going for my pony may see my knife!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom