Pony Bottle Mounting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tried mounting my 19 with the Zeagle strap system and did not like it. With surge it felt like someone was twisting me, so I'm back to slinging with the Diverite sling kit, clipped on the right. I do have to move more weight to my left side to balance the pony, and I take off 2 lbs.

Adam

....or come up with your own idea, always up to the individual.

Please understand, this is really just priming the pump! :coffee:

That's an AL30 cft, strapped to an AL100 cft. The valve is on at the start of the dive. The pony reg is a "left hand" Oceanic Slimline, in my left pocket. The pony SPG hose is routed on the right of the inflator hose.

Always the DIY route for slinging.

I need to square this one away a bit, shop likes to take it apart for some reason.

DIR-diver.com - Stagebottle rigging

For a 19, maybe modify a bit, or come up with your own idea, always up to the individual.

I followed these exact instructions slinging my 19. I did have to modify the instructions slightly, a car inner-tube is too great a diameter for a 19. I just used a strip of bicycle inner-tube glued with contact cement.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom