Pontiac Vibe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan:
Anyone dive out of one of these?

Looks like a nice convenient car... fun to drive, good gas mileage (30/36), convenient (wagon), high quality (Toyota build), inexpensive, looks nice....

I'm not getting a new car in the *immediate* future, but I'm considering...

Hey jonnythan,

What do you think about the Honda Element? Personally I think they are one of the top five ugliest vehicles ever, but they are in the same price range as the Vibe, with a little less fuel economy, but features that would really be nice in a dive vehicle (plastic-coated floor, lots of cargo area with good access, etc...), and Consumer Reports rates them as highly as the Vibe.

I think it would be a very practical vehicle, if I could get over the looks of the thing.

p.s. Sure the Vibe is better looking with a more creature comforts, but the Element would be more in-line with your new license plate :wink:

I just ordered a Chevy HHR, it looks like a PT Cruiser on steroids. You can get a 172 horse 4-cyl and they are fun to drive. You sit up high which I really like and there is a lot of room in one. You can even tow up to 1,000 pounds with it I believe.

This is the price for the 2LT model of the HHR, that is the one that is loaded with options:
2006 Chevrolet HHR LT
Base Price MSRP $16,425
Destination Charge $565
Equipped Price $18,790

Here is the price for the Base model Vibe.
2006 Pontiac Vibe Base
Base Price MSRP $16,430
Destination Charge $560
Equipped Price $20,215

The loaded HHR is less expensive than the Base model Vibe but I haven't researched what you get with the Vibe, the 2LT is the one I ordered. Haven't found the size comparison yet.

Ber :lilbunny:

jonnythan:
Anyone dive out of one of these?

Looks like a nice convenient car... fun to drive, good gas mileage (30/36), convenient (wagon), high quality (Toyota build), inexpensive, looks nice....

I'm not getting a new car in the *immediate* future, but I'm considering...

I have a friend who dives with me reguerly and she loves it - she bought it specificly for her dive gear..lol

She dives doubles - and she still has pleanty of room when we car pool.

I've got a Toyota Tundra with an I-Force V8 that will haul LOTS of scuba gear and can tow 7300 pounds! However, it doesn't get the greatest gas mileage, but I'm not going to gripe about that!

SuPrBuGmAn:
Had a GTI and wrecked it - damn. I didn't think it had the room to lay the tanks front to back and be able to close the hatch though... To be honest, I never did try. Do tanks fit this way? I wouldn't mind another one...
Lowered the rear seats and turned it into a "2 seater".
Fitts a pair of double 130's, double 72's and 2 single LP 108's in addition to the rest of the gear. I've got the 4 door as it's easier to reach the gear.

Mine was a 2 door. That woulda been a PITA.

I'm looking to upgrade to something with enough room to carry 4 people, 4 sets of gear w/2 tanks each, 2 tents, 4 sleeping bags, 4 bags of clothes, and lots of junkfood.

I think I'm going to need the full size wagon instead of the little Golf hatchback.

SuPrBuGmAn:
I'm looking to upgrade to something with enough room to carry 4 people, 4 sets of gear w/2 tanks each, 2 tents, 4 sleeping bags, 4 bags of clothes, and lots of junkfood.

A full size extended cab pickup will do that quite handily :wink:

The Mazda 3 is an idea.. the Golf is too small for me, the Element was the previous choice but the gas mileage is too low and it's not as fun or practical for everyday city use. The HHR has terrible mileage... and the Tundra? Hah.

Thanks guys :)

jonnythan:
The Mazda 3 is an idea.. the Golf is too small for me, the Element was the previous choice but the gas mileage is too low and it's not as fun or practical for everyday city use. The HHR has terrible mileage... and the Tundra? Hah.

Thanks guys :)
Get a Hummer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom