Toyota Corolla Cross hybrid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marie13

Great Lakes Mermaid
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I’m looking to replace my 2018 Escape sooner rather than later. It has 113K miles and gets 26 mpg. I want AWD, Apple CarPlay, and better mileage than the Escape. I drive a lot. Daily commute is 40 mile round trip, then all the driving for diving.

Looks like the Toyota Corolla Cross gas hybrid is the front runner. Base model has everything I need. I was looking at the Subaru Crosstrek, but I can get the Cross hybrid for about the same cost as the Crosstrek. I looked at a Cross last night. Has enough room for gear.

Does anyone here have the Cross or Cross hybrid?

My daughter drives a cross, not the hybrid, but same size. Plenty of room for two and dive gear, don't think it would be very convenient with four and gear. Definitely enough room for two and gear. Comfortable and drives well, again for two. The back seats are a bit tight if you are larger like me. We do it with four and the baby seat in the middle, it is tight but doable around town. Not for diving though. With the back seat up the cargo area is not big enough for more that two sets of gear and tanks.

My daughter drives a cross, not the hybrid, but same size. Plenty of room for two and dive gear, don't think it would be very convenient with four and gear. Definitely enough room for two and gear. Comfortable and drives well, again for two. The back seats are a bit tight if you are larger like me. We do it with four and the baby seat in the middle, it is tight but doable around town. Not for diving though. With the back seat up the cargo area is not big enough for more that two sets of gear and tanks.
Good to hear! It’s just me. There will probably never be anyone in the back seat and I’m almost always driving by myself to go diving anyway. I dive a rebreather so that means less tanks.

That is what I thought but wanted to give you the limits on the cargo space. You won't be hurting for space with back seat down. It is a bit short for me to load out of but you might be a bit shorter than I at 5'10". I kit up right out of the back of my car, so that height is important to me.

That is what I thought but wanted to give you the limits on the cargo space. You won't be hurting for space with back seat down. It is a bit short for me to load out of but you might be a bit shorter than I at 5'10". I kit up right out of the back of my car, so that height is important to me.
I’m only 5’5” 🤣. Thank you for all the info. Dive buddies have the Crosstrek and the Cross is similar enough that I had a decent idea of how much it can hold.

@WetKen

I was talking with a diving friend today who happened to mention she was looking at the Corolla Cross, too. Drives a regular Corolla sedan currently. She was happy to hear your comments about how much the Cross holds with back seats up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom