Pontiac Vibe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan

Knight Scublar
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone dive out of one of these?

Looks like a nice convenient car... fun to drive, good gas mileage (30/36), convenient (wagon), high quality (Toyota build), inexpensive, looks nice....

I'm not getting a new car in the *immediate* future, but I'm considering...

jonnythan:
Anyone dive out of one of these?

Looks like a nice convenient car... fun to drive, good gas mileage (30/36), convenient (wagon), high quality (Toyota build), inexpensive, looks nice....

I'm not getting a new car in the *immediate* future, but I'm considering...
I looked at one and test drove it. (I wanted to replace my Grand Cherokee with something with a bit better gas mileage .)

It was nice, but I ended up getting a PT Cruiser instead. Taking out the back seats gave me more room than my Cherokee (or the Vibe) and it was ~3,000 - 4,000 cheaper than the Vibe.

How does the PT Cruiser handle a bunch of tanks loaded up in the back?

jonnythan:
How does the PT Cruiser handle a bunch of tanks loaded up in the back?
Good (haven't tried it in the mountains yet, though)

My only pet peeve is that the carpets make the back slippery. Last night, went to go fill most of my tanks and they were sliding back and forth...banging into each other. The Vibe (IIRC) the "bottom" is contoured vinyl, so there wouldn't be as much slippage.

waterdawg dives out of a PT Cruiser as well, I'm not sure if he puts the seats down or not, but he usually carries atleast a set of doubles and a big rubbermaid tub with him. Might want to PM him for more info.

I'm looking to ditch my Bronco for something that drinks less pretty soon too. Looking at a 4cyl 4 door wagon. VW Jetta Wagon, Mazda 6 Wagon, or maybe an older Accord Wagon if I can find one...

A wagon will usually be lighter than one of the car-based SUV crossover deals and get better gas mileage. I believe the VW Jetta diesel wagon gets 47mpg? :D The 2L gas model should get mileage in the high 30s I would think.

Does it have enough room to lay a 80cf tank behind the backseats while allowing the hatch to close if I lay the tank parellel with the car itself? Hot looking little car :D

SuPrBuGmAn:
Does it have enough room to lay a 80cf tank behind the backseats while allowing the hatch to close if I lay the tank parellel with the car itself? Hot looking little car :D

I'll find out :D We usually use the jeep for the dive excursions, but I think we may switch to the 3 for gas purposes

aquaoren:
Diving out of a VW Golf. Works well.

Had a GTI and wrecked it - damn. I didn't think it had the room to lay the tanks front to back and be able to close the hatch though... To be honest, I never did try. Do tanks fit this way? I wouldn't mind another one...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom