Pompano Conditions Report - Sunday March 24

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jet126

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I spent a lovely - although a little sporty - day on the water yesterday with ScubaTyme out of Pompano Beach. It's been so long since I dove the Ancient Mariner it was like a whole new dive! Hurricane Sandy did a number on her; much of it is collapsed and leaning to one side.

But the water was a beautiful blue, viz 50+ feet and the wreck was full of fish. Water temp 72 degrees.

Yesterday was noteworthy for two reasons:

It was the ocean debut of my new Sony Rx100 with nauticam housing. And it was the five-year anniversary of My Return to the Sea. After a very long unplanned surface interval, I was finally able to dive again on March 22, 2008. Since then I have logged almost 300 dives (and become much more streamlined in the process). So much for once being told my "diving days were over."

ReturntotheSea.JPG

Here are my first attempts with the new camera. There will be a learning curve but I will have fun trying!

3 24 13 1.jpg 3 24 13 2.jpg 3 24 13 3.jpg 3 24 13 4.jpg 3 24 13 5.jpg 3 24 13 7.jpg

Jet,

I really like that Lizardfish pic--the little stripeys really make this unusual angle work very well. At least, I think it's a Lizardfish from a low angle!!

very nice

You might want to rethink that tagline. The sea may not know you exist, but it certainly offered a good dive for your Sony debut !!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your dive report. Excellent pictures!

After first being certified I dove with scubatyme and parrot island and of course the ancient mariner
and the sea empress were often one of the two dives. The ancient mariner looks a LOT different than
it did back then, especially the wheel house. It's nice to get back out on the charters from time to time !
I've enjoyed your bridge photos and conditions reports, much appreciated.

Last edited:
It's nice to get back out on the charters from time to time !
I've enjoyed your bridge photos and conditions reports, much appreciated.

Thanks all! Every once in a while I'll do a boat dive just so I can practice my giant stride. But of the 300-odd dives that I've done since 2008 I'm guessing close to 200 have been at Blue Heron Bridge. I hope to get up there later this week, new camera in hand. :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom