Closed Genesis 2.2 - 20 minutes from new

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stuartv

Seeking the Light
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just bought this Genesis 2.2. It came to me new in the box after sitting in a warehouse, forgotten for 3 years.

I put a complete new set of betteries in it yesterday, charged it up (74.8V, 26.00 Ah, when the charger finished, according to the BMS app on my iPhone), and took it diving in the local (fresh water) lake today. So, it has about 20 minutes of usage on it. It is in as new condition, still with the original boxes, etc., and already weighted (for fresh water) and ready to dive.

You can buy a new Genesis 3.2, which has the same battery setup and capacity, for $10,650.

Or, you can buy this 2.2 for $7300.

Or, I would trade even up for a Genesis 3.1 in similar condition, or a Genesis 2.1 (in similar condition) and somewhere around $1000-ish to me (depending on the 2.1's condition).

I'm not interested in any other scooters. 20 minutes with the 2.2 was enough to cement my desire for a Genesis. I just have no need for this much range. I'd rather have the shorter, lighter version for what I'm using a scooter for.

I'm in Lexington, SC. Delivery can probably be arranged to just about anywhere from DC to Pompano Beach, FL.

I know this post is a long shot. Not many folks need a scooter with this much range. That's okay. I will keep diving it in the meantime, so it might have more than 20 minutes on it, if this ad is up for a while. Or, I might get impatient and go ahead and order a tube and wiring harness for a 2.1 and convert this one and keep it. Anyway...

Send me a DM if interested.

Attachments

• 2023-09-02 17.48.04.jpg
    2023-09-02 17.48.04.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 135
  • 2023-09-02 21.50.37.png
    2023-09-02 21.50.37.png
    116.1 KB · Views: 122
Update with full disclosure.

After a 20 minute dive with it, where it ran perfectly, I brought it home and wanted to run the batteries down to a suitable level of charge for storage (i.e. 80% or less).

After running in air for 30 minutes or so, it had started making a metal-on-metal noise that got louder until it was kinda unbearable to be directly next to it. It was still running fine. Not showing unusual temps in the monitoring app. Just... LOUD.

Long story short, it appears that sitting in the same spot in a hot warehouse for 3 years resulted in the bearing grease melting and gradually dripping out of the bearings. Not ALL the grease. It was quiet in the water and at first on land.

I sent it off to Logic and it is now on the way back to me, with new bearings installed, cleaned up inside and re-sealed.

So, it really IS like brand spankin' new now. Oh, and will have a mu-metal shield (from Logic) installed, to shield any compass being used from interference from the scooter.

I will probably give it another couple of weeks or so here in the Classifieds. If I don't get any bites on it, I'm going to order the 2.1/3.1 tube for it, convert it to the short version, and just keep it.

No longer for sale. I got a 2.1 tube and converted it. And I think I have a buyer for the long tube and extra Warp Core parts.

Closing thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom