• Si Tech

Votes: 29 64.4%
  • Apeks

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Other

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Right In Scuba

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Which do you prefer and why or why not? The reason I ask, is with the Aqualung Acquisition of Whites, I know the valve will change from Si tech to Apeks....We usually stock the Si tech valves for people to swap out, but will probably carry more now. I was just curious what you guys think of them.... :D

Hmmm. I didn't even think about this change. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

I have always used Si-tech inflater/exhaust valves. I like the way they perform. My friends with DUI drysuits have experienced a fair amount of leakiness with their Apeks valves. Not sure whether this is bad luck or representative of an inferior valve design.

Si tech.

I've gone through a few Si-Tech valves, and I've seen more Si-Tech's leak than any others.

Both of my suits have the Apeks high profile right now. However, I'm hearing good things about the newer low profile ones. They apparently fixed the leak issue, and now its way better.

I voted Apeks in the poll. I've used both Apeks and Si Tech and they both have their advantages and disadvantages. I like the functionality of the Si Tech, but much prefer the profle of the Apeks. Now that I've adjusted to the "flow rate" of the Apeks exhaust, I think I'll stick with them.

I've used both, and vastly prefer the SiTech. I've had very few leak problems with them, and they dump like crazy.

I love my sideway action Si Tech inflation valve (image here). It's just so natural to use, which I didn't expect before I had tried it in the water.

Edit: Interesting, the side action inflation valve still doesn't show up on sitech.se. That's odd. But then again, I have never seen anyone else with this kind of valve.

Other = Poseidon. In my opinion far superior to both aforementioned brands.

I have swapped my Apeks out for Sitech on my DUI. Had nothing but troubles with the Apeks leaking. No issues with the Sitech at all. But my new DC suit has Apeks valves. So I guess time will tell if I need to make the change again

Ken

Back
Top Bottom