• Si Tech

Votes: 29 64.4%
  • Apeks

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Other

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nothing really to add.. I have a newer low profile Apeks on my suit and I wish it vented a bit faster. My fiancee has a high profile apeks, I'm interested to see how it compares, she hasn't dove it yet.

Apeks low profile is my vote. I have it on my DUI suit and at first wanted to jump on the bandwagon and get SiTech valve because all others were switching over because it vents much easier.

I came close to doing the swap, but with time things changed. I started changing technique on how and when I dump.

Everything started changing and now I can anticipate when to dump and can hear and feel the bubbles rush out of the Apeks valve.

I've also seen the SiTech valve dump like crazy when not properly adjusted, makes buoyancy and trim so much harder. The Apeks valve will not dump uncontrollably, but you need to know how and when to dump.

I will stay with my Apeks low profile even though I own SiTech drygloves and absolutely love them.

As a newer drysuit diver I appreciate the fact that the SiTech valve on my Fusion will empty the suit quickly for those times when I NEED the air out.

Other than that I don't have much experience so I choose not to vote in preference of anything.

Peace,
Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom