Votes: 31 70.5%
  • "know it alls"

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • helpful

Votes: 22 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Because there is a certain element of ScubaBoard that feels compelled to meddle in the business of others and some of us enjoy having private discussions, the fact that these private groups have been enabled by the board tell me they are none of your business unless you should be invited. I for one could care less what occurs in anyone else's group and expect the same courtesy.

Okay, so a private user group is able to post exactly what they want purely because it is private, and the Mods should be exempted from them, is that what you mean?

I have no comment about the sharing of private information, because it's the 'net and it's never completely private IMO. I use Skype myself! :wink:

I think they Do a great Job!!

Save for 1 or 2 I wholly agree.

That almost deserves a THANKs Evert....too bad I am mobile.

Another option is MODs that choose to not abuse powers. IJS

In that case I should all most thank you :D

That almost deserves a THANKs Evert....too bad I am mobile.

Another option is MODs that choose to not abuse powers. IJS

I agree! But how do you decide who will be a good Mod and who won't? I mean power does go to some people's heads, we witness that in the "real" world every day!

Okay, so a private user group is able to post exactly what they want purely because it is private, and the Mods should be exempted from them, is that what you mean?

I have no comment about the sharing of private information, because it's the 'net and it's never completely private IMO. I use Skype myself! :wink:

Not everyone is on Skype, and again, why should you or anyone else care about a private chat group enabled by the board? I know for a fact that Netdoc has asked his mods not to go into these areas yet some still do. I have had the courtesy of one mod sending a PM requesting permission to view a private club I formed because he liked the idea, I happily granted it as he clearly had no ulterior motives.

Not everyone is on Skype, and again, why should you or anyone else care about a private chat group enabled by the board? I know for a fact that Netdoc has asked his mods not to go into these areas yet some still do. I have had the courtesy of one mod sending a PM requesting permission to view a private club I formed because he liked the idea, I happily granted it as he clearly had no ulterior motives.

Nope, you misread me, I wasn't caring about whether there were private user groups, all I was wondering was if they came under the same "umbrella" as the rest of the forum, and the ToS. Obviously they don't, as NetDoc has asked the Mods to stay out of them, so I have my answer. Thanks.

Why should there be a need for any "group" to be private? You have opt-in groups, regional groups, groups in SI and The Pub, I'm just saying! :wink:

Private groups have their use.... especially for trip planning for when you "don't want to invite the entire board".

that being said.... you too are a member of a private group. so not sure you say that you don't see a need for them to be private. (I'm just sayin) :eyebrow:

Mods seem ok to me, they're fairly tolerant of my antics on the boards but they seem to know where to draw the line, even if they don't know how to spell.

It's "helpful".

Back
Top Bottom