Poll -- easiest to service

Easiest to get serviced anywhere in the world?

• Apeks

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • Mares

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • ScubaPro

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • Oceanic

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Aqualung/US Divers

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Zeagle

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Sherwood

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • Other

Votes: 5 6.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingDoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Another poll --

Which brand of regulator is easiest to get serviced? i.e. the one that is most likely to have places where you can get it serviced in most diving places in the world should it develop problems while you are on vacation??

Aqualung and US Divers are the same thing. (I see you fixed that - thanks - now I can vote)
And easiest to get serviced in the U.S.
Rick

If you are going to travel I would say scuberpro they seem to be everywhere. Not sure what the Japanese will say about my MK20 with no serial number though......

Jonathan

For me personally, it is Beuchat. That is because my buddy does Beuchat service. However, you can't find a store anywhere that sells or services Beuchat. :upset: ;-0 The one I have noticed with the most presence though is ScubaPro. Most of the LDS around here sell and service their equipment, so that is where my vote goes.

I do believe that MOST regulators are going to able to get emergency service worldwide. However, I don't think that we could ever be certain just what quality of service you would be getting. I would reccomend that ANYONE who is traveling outside of the US to have their regs serviced a month or two before, and TEST DIVE with them before you head out. Most of the regulator failures that I have seen have been on "just serviced" regs... not the neglected ones. After having a few of my personal regs fail on their first outing, I have taken the steps to learn how to do this myself. I do travel with an extensive fix-it kit, though I never seem to get to use it on my gear.

ScubaPro - Very popular and easy to work on.

Sherwood regs are by far the easiest regs I ever have to service. :thumb:

They take no special tools and can be done in no time ( great for rentals).

They stand up to hard use very,very well and the dry bleed first stage stays clean inside as no water enter it unlike most other pistons.

Parts for Sherwood regs are also the least expensive of any regulator on the market and are readily available.

If I was going to be stuck on a desert Island It would be with Sherwood regulator.

If I was going Deep it would be an Apeks.

PS : If you have a sherwood reg and someone gives you a hard time about the bubbles coming out of the dry blead on your first stage, tell them its a trail of bubbles, so you can find your way back to the dive boat. :wink:

How about a poll for service techs about which makes, models are the easiest to service and maybe what regs should ba avoided from a service point of view?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom