Polish cave diver critical - Marcilhac-sur-Célé, France

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another point to think about if you plan the dive in the Ressel is from 350m back to the entrance: choose a right bailout that SCR, semiclosed is also an option. With a 10% oxygen it is no option. The oxygen is also no option. An ean50 would be an ok gas from the second T back to exit. Breathable oc and usable in SCR. He had at least such a gas with him. But from what I have seen is SCR in caves not trained a lot in Europe. It is a usable method when electronics failed and the scrubber still works and loop not flooded.

Hi,

i'm a french diver, i dive with a mCCR, Triton from M3S.
From my first lesson wih Air diluant to my last training with hypoxiq diluant, we were trained to used our rebreather in SCR mode.
And all my friends with eccr (JJ, APD, Revo) are used to :wink:

can someone clarify the timeline of his qualfications / training please, it seems he was doing hypoxic dives straight after mod1

april may 2020 -theory
end may- first ccr dives ( maybe some sort of pre course dive)
late july -refine skills ( sidedmount skills on ccr)
july 30- august 20 -mod 1

august 1 -95m and 120 m dives appears he did this in between completeing mod 1
sept 1 2020 -mod 2 and 3 plus more deep dives
feb 2021-deep dives
may 8 2021 -hypoxic dives

is that it?

Yes, that seem to be the correct timeline.

From his last pictures on FB folks were able to see that his rebreather had a NERD on his final dive.

Hi @Hiszpan , would you mind translating in English the most important discussions, if you have the time? Thanks! :)

I would if I had time but there are plenty of posts there and not all very informative. I am trying to fish out the most pertinent facts.

Three more valuable, in my opinion, facts are as follows:

- Instructor 2 (Zabierek) crossed paths with Instructor 1 (Bramson) years ago (trained him in CCR?). Instructor 2 admitted today that he simply ‘doesn’t like Instructor 1 because he was cheated by him in the past.’

- Instructor 2’s critical contention of this fatality is that what killed Robert is what you learn during MOD1, and that anything else (diving outside of one’s certification) was irrelevant.

- the instructor who was conducting a TDI Cave Instructor Trainer course in Ressel, which course has finished a day before Robert died (Robert was taking part), announced that Robert failed that part of the course (part 2) and informed Robert that he will not be able to attempt part 3 in the future.

Hi,

i'm a french diver, i dive with a mCCR, Triton from M3S.
From my first lesson wih Air diluant to my last training with hypoxiq diluant, we were trained to used our rebreather in SCR mode.
And all my friends with eccr (JJ, APD, Revo) are used to :wink:
I also train that to divers. But I first saw it on a bigger scale in Florida.

I think it's because he was a veteran and ran a security agency

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom