Polar Bear dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

taz22 once bubbled...
BTW, I did in fact brave the hot and humid Texas heat in 1994. My wife and I sat and got sunbaked at the CottonBowl watching the Netherlands vs Brasil World Cup Semi-Final. I must admit it was hot. Thank God for your flood-lit golf courses.

I was in the Cotton Bowl earlier for the Germany v South Korea match. It was 100F outside the stadium, 110F inside the stadium and 120F on the pitch. A polar bear dive would have felt good that day.

I actually expected all the good natured ribbing.

I find it interesting its comming almost exclusively from Ontarians.

Yes, 50*F is cold to me. As it is to many of us Southerners. North Texas only had one 100+*F day last summer. That is highly unusual.

I'm still diving dry, as I hate being cold.

I doubt I could handle diving up there. I have often said, I am living as far north as I ever want to live.

TwoBit

Just good natured jealousy of our winter temps!

it is just plain old jealousy, but you can't keep Canadian divers dry for very long. We are brave enough, hearty enough and dumb enough to jump into water that is just a cats whisker away from being stiff. Hell, we'll even do it when the water is stiff. Who's up for some ice diving?

ScubaQ once bubbled...
it is just plain old jealousy, but you can't keep Canadian divers dry for very long. We are brave enough, hearty enough and dumb enough to jump into water that is just a cats whisker away from being stiff. Hell, we'll even do it when the water is stiff. Who's up for some ice diving?

I'll be taking the PDAI first Ice Diving Course in February on Big Rideau Lake. Brrr!!!!!

50 is the summer temp in the Bay of Fundy.

Coyote once bubbled...
50 is the summer temp in the Bay of Fundy.

What's diving like in the Bay of Fundy? Any interesting wrecks?

ScubaQ once bubbled...

Brrrrr! You can have that! I have dove water temps in the high 50's in a 3 mil wetstuit (wont be making that mistake again). Although I also have a 7 mil semi dry that works great, I am seriously considering the purchase of a DUI Dry Suit.

Ice diving? You bring the chainsaw, I'll bring some hot chocolate! (But AFTER I get my drysuit!)

taz22 once bubbled...

What's diving like in the Bay of Fundy? Any interesting wrecks?

No wrecks but lots of lobsters and Sea Urchins

Back
Top Bottom