Polar Bear dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexan once bubbled...
How did we not see this coming? We all knew this would happen...LMAO!!

We should have seen it a mile away!! If all of you Northerners are poking fun at us for not being used to cold water, you should be here when it snows and ices over. :eek: There is no sadder sight than a bunch of Texans trying to drive on ice. :rolleyes:

I'll be there barring illness or injury or any other unforseen circumstance.

I plan on being there as close to 8am as I can be, and getting set up.

If anyone needs a cylinder PM me.

See yall there.

TwoBit

PS... Poseidon, you are so right. There is little more humerous than a Texan driving on an icy road.

Y'all have ice down dare? LOL
Here is a picture of a polar bear that is not in a coke comercial so you know what they actually look like. They dont taste very good.

Poseidon once bubbled...
If all of you Northerners are poking fun at us for not being used to cold water, you should be here when it snows and ices over. :eek: There is no sadder sight than a bunch of Texans trying to drive on ice. :rolleyes:
Only in the friendliest way possible. It's mostly jealousy. :eek:ut: I'd dare say the majority of divers up here don't go in when water temps near the surface are under 50F either. I know a couple personally who only dive when they go South with water temps of at least 70F.
We have lots of people around here that are amusing to watch trying to drive on ice. The first snowfall every year, you'd think it was a rare, once in a lifetime event with the number of people totally unprepared for it. Cars in the ditch, spinning out on the road, can't make it up a slight incline with their nearly bald tires.

Ya Groundhog is right.....we are jealous. Not needing a chain saw to go diving. He is also right about the drivers in Southern Ontario (LOL). Groundhog should be coming out of his hole in a couple of months looking for his shadow.

I was in San Antonio about 10 years ago and they had snow and freezing rain there...the first time in many years..1500 of us Canucks were watching out the windows of the hotel at the texan fools gooin every which way in their cars...............Now as for the "Polar Plunge" ???...........Dudes and Dudettes.......If you aren't chopping the water away first it isn't a Polar Plunge.....and BTW I will be diving New Years day, and doing a real Polar Plunge in Feb........Jumping in the water with just the bathing suit on,:bonk: :boom:

Man when the water temperature reaches 50 up here I have to shead my hood and gloves to stay cool in my dry suit. The wife and I will be doing our New Years Day dive in Lake Ontario, but jusat to balance it out I gave the wife a vaction in Cozumel starting on the fourth :mean:

You Texans need to come up here for a New Years Dive, it only takes about 5 minutes for the mind numbing pain to fade away, and only about 30 minutes for you to defrost after the dive:bonk:

When we say that we are certified divers up here, we ain't talking C-Cards :crazyeyes

ScubaQwww.scubaq.ca

We, your fellow divers in Canada are just poking a little fun at you. O f course this is all in good fun. Trust me, I'd much rather be diving in 50F water then 33F water.

BTW, I did in fact brave the hot and humid Texas heat in 1994. My wife and I sat and got sunbaked at the CottonBowl watching the Netherlands vs Brasil World Cup Semi-Final. I must admit it was hot. Thank God for your flood-lit golf courses.

Cheers, Taz!

ScubaQ once bubbled...

You Texans need to come up here for a New Years Dive, it only takes about 5 minutes for the mind numbing pain to fade away, and only about 30 minutes for you to defrost after the dive:bonk:

This is the main reason for renting a hot tub afterwards. Let's you actually feel your toes after bout 10 minutes.

:flame:

Bubble Boy once bubbled...
Groundhog should be coming out of his hole in a couple of months looking for his shadow.
I hope you mean Wiarton Willie and aren't poking fun at me.:D OTOH, hibernatiing till spring sounds like a great idea. Crawl inside under the covers till the water is 50F again. :D You can keep your "real" polar dive, diving wet is cold enough for me, although with my new 7mil semi dry, the only problem is trying to keep my hands warm and changing out after. Fortunately the organisers will have a tent up to change in and pots of warm water to thaw fingers in (actually fill your boot and gloves with warm water first and it really reduces the shock of entry and extends the dive times, but you all knew that already).
Scuba Q bubbled
When we say that we are certified divers up here, we ain't talking C-Cards
Heh heh heh, all my friends had a lot of fun with that idea when I first certified, all of them claiming they always knew I was certifiable, of course, they may be right. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom