Polar Bear dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
CSSP is doing their second annual Polar Bear dive on January 1st. There is a T-shirt design contest going on the clear springs website. www.clearspringsscubapark.com CavernQT's design is number 7. Be sure to vote.

Entry fee is $35 for divers. This includes the shirt.

If you wanna go watch, its $5. There are several other prizes being handed out.

If I can go I'm diving dry.

Merry Christmas yall,

TwoBIt

i will be there, i wont be in a drysuit because i dont have one yet, so i will be in a 3 or a 5, nad after being in the lake in a 5 in 55 degree water i thinking i will survive it

now if a betting pool for someone doing a swin in trunks i would take up that offer

I'm wondering if what you call a polar bear dive is very different from what us northern folk call typical.

The water comming out of the springs is in the low 50's.

This time of year the thermalcline disappears so the whole lake will be in the low 50's.

I know I know I don't wanna hear it. 50* water is still cold :cold:

TwoBit

*grin* the time difference to hypothermia between 55 and 32 degree water is hardly even a matter of minutes... cold is universal :wink:

(saving up for a TLS350)

jeff

OK QT ya got my vote!

Man I need more java. I stared at #5 way too long before I figured that was a Polar Bear face to the right. lol

QT:
You got my vote too. Great design. I liked #3 also. Very good.
Sounds like a good time. Have fun everyone!

Sounds like fun! If I can talk someone into making that 4 hour drive with me, I may just have to give it a try...

I'm hopefully gonna make it to CSSP for the 1st also. I'd like to try my drysuit, I just gotta save some money so I can get enough lead to get me down. :D If not I'll be sporting a 5 mil for my dive, and just for sport, I'll try a few minutes of free diving (skin). :bonk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom