Pod Ppl, Quick Answer Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sealskin98

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Guys,

Need some quick advice on pod people, wife is leaving in the morning and part of the business trip is a short cruise from Miami to Nassau. On Carnival lines.

She's heard that on that ship you will need: hair dryers, irons for clothes, and extension cords.

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys…and Gals especially.

Way Cool... good for her !!!

That means that you will be free to go diving with us this weekend up at Lake Murray!!

I'll see you there :D

You can get pretty much anything except an extention cord just by asking the person who takes care of your room. Tips make up way over 1/2 their pay, and their promotions are based on customer survey cards, so they're eager to make you happy.

I suspect if you asked for a cam-shaft from a 57 Chevy and left a big enough tip, you would find one on your pillow that night.

The room has a few outlets, and I've never needed an extension cord, but you might want to bring one of those 3-way plug things if you have lots of stuff to plug in.

It's a short trip, so don't pack much, but be sure to bring a jacket and some sweats in case it gets chilly at night and you want to hang out outside.

Terry

sealskin98:
Hi Guys,

Need some quick advice on pod people, wife is leaving in the morning and part of the business trip is a short cruise from Miami to Nassau. On Carnival lines.

She's heard that on that ship you will need: hair dryers, irons for clothes, and extension cords.

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys…and Gals especially.

Timeliner:
That means that you will be free to go diving with us this weekend up at Lake Murray!!

Frank, you know that I don't get in the water unless the surface temp. is at least 78.6547 degrees. :D

Power Strip, my cruise in Nov we only had one outlet, there was a hairdryer in the bathroom. We didn't need an Iron, but I think you room steward could help out with that. Also under advice I took duct tape for various reasons (sliding objects, gaps in doors, etc.)

sealskin98:
Frank, you know that I don't get in the water unless the surface temp. is at least 78.6547 degrees. :D

Yea Yea Yea... Yada Yada ... details details... What was I thinking? I forgot about that .6547 part. Can You ever forgive me ? :D
I can't say that I blame you , it's kinda "nippely" getting in and out of the water these days. I spend much of my post dive time in contemplation.... searching for my feelings and.... "just trying to find myself"
If Ya know what I mean :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom