Pocket snorkel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wunat

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I do not like to dive with a snorkel (though I am expected to when playing my role as divemaster). I have been in situation where having a snorkel definitely helps. I do have a typical snorkel when diving as a DM but am thinking of getting a pocket snorkel I would like to take with me when diving long hoses. There are a few out there which I would like to have your feed back on.

1) Oceanic Pocket Snorkel
2) Sherwood AVID Snorkel
3) Apollo Flex Snorkel
4) Aqualung Snap Snorkel

Oceanic's Pocket Snorkel looks interesting but I don't feel that the snorkel lock is secure enough.

wunat:
Oceanic's Pocket Snorkel looks interesting but I don't feel that the snorkel lock is secure enough.

The Oceanic Pocket Snorkel is ok—the snorkel lock is very secure but the snorkel itself is huge, even when folded.

Well, you're getting pretty good coverage so far... I have an Aqualung Snap that I keep rolled up and clipped off in a BC pocket. Pretty bulky, but probably the best it can be. I've only used it for, well, snorkeling -- again, not the best snorkel; breathes pretty wet, and isn't that easy to clear. But everything's a trade-off.

The Oceanic snorkel is great.

Try the Tusa Platina Hyperdry snorkel. It is bendable and designed to fit in a BC pocket. It also breathes well, stays quite dry, has a good purge valve and a quick connect clip design. I highly recommend it.

Happy with my Snap. Used it on vacation, boat diving, for some paddling around before reboarding, plus now for work with students. Concerning its bulk, it's the only one that looked like it would fit in my Aeris Reefrider's pockets (it does).
Deployed it works OK, though does breathe a bit wet. The flexibility of it is nice -- I really disliked my original snorkel's rigidity underwater.

Not hard to put on your mask after-the-fact, when in the water -- pinch it in and it pops into the snorkel-keeper.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom