PNW vis report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rachelscott51

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Has anyone been diving in the past few days? What is the vis like in the Seattle area (Cove 2, etc...)? Last weekend it was b/w 5-15ft at Cove 2. Just trying to forecast a little for the weekend. I know it can change quickly, but just looking for a trend.

It would be cool if we could have an online journal that we could update with vis for the sites on a calendar or something.

Ohh, what if someone set up an underwater webcam!?! You could put something interesting say 10 feet in front of it. Based on how clearly you could see it (or lack there of) you could determine what the vis was.

What ever happened to that stupid gnome UP was hauling around attached to his butt a month or two ago? :wink:

A great idea, albeit an expensive one.

It wasn't bad at Cove 2 last night ... probably about 15-20 foot vis ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I went last night at Saltwater Park and it was about 12' with a lot of turbidity at 20-30' of depth. However swimming around the eel grass and towards the tire reef, I spotted a small Octopus. I hadnt seen one there before, no night diving as the park closes at dusk. I was able to watch,take some pictures, even some video. So my piont is even with "challeging" visibility, it can still be rewarding.

I think that making the VIS report a sticky thread is a wonderful idea. With regards, Kirk Hamblen

how can we make this thread a sticky note? I think it would be cool too!

Went to cove 2 today with DoubleDip and the vis was about 15-18ft., though there were at least 30+ newbies in the water murking up the silt a bit. Great day for a dive. Saw a big Giant Pacific Octo at the HoneyBear (thanks for the tip Bob (Grateful Diver)).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom